Travelling with BNO passport

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by whybew
    is it really the case? as far as i know BNO passport holders require a Schengen visa to visit most countries in Western Europe - which happen to be rather popular amongst hkers...
    Yes it is. The list of countries with visa-free access for BN(O)s is here: BN(O) visa free access

It includes all the Schengen states except: Estonia, Lativia, Lithuania, Malta, Slovakia and Slovenia.

Actually, I find that surprising, because I went to Malta with a BN(O) passport holder a few years ago, and she didn't need a visa then...

It may not be appropriate or fair to compare the visa-free figures given by the British Govt and the HKSAR govt. Their figures (virtually, anything claimed by any govt) are often questionable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_re...%28Overseas%29

I would like to encourage you to read the Wikipedia article above. In fact, even the UK Govt does not include the country into their BN(O) visa-free list, many countries do grant visa-free for BN(O)s and BCs in reality. This can be verified by the IATA travel database, which used by airlines to ensure travellers have the appropriate visa before boarding. The IATA database has taken account of the differences of the six categories of British nationals.

For comparison, you may read also the following article:

Visa requirements for Chinese citizens of Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It may not be appropriate or fair to compare the visa-free figures given by the British Govt and the HKSAR govt. Their figures (virtually, anything claimed by any govt) are often questionable.

Visa requirements for British nationals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would like to encourage you to read the Wikipedia article above. In fact, even the UK Govt does not include the country into their BN(O) visa-free list, many countries do grant visa-free for BN(O)s and BCs in reality. This can be verified by the IATA travel database, which used by airlines to ensure travellers have the appropriate visa before boarding. The IATA database has taken account of the differences of the six categories of British nationals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2