Like Tree1Likes

Apply for HKSAR Passport

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mmsG:
    So Kanhai, your case is abnormal. Are you still waiting?
    Sorry for the typo, Kanhai your case is normal, Are you still waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by mmsG:
    If you are a permanent resident and no criminal records then you can eligible for naturalized chinese. The (Cantonese) language proficiency is not required. I know most of non-chinese applicant for naturalization cannot speak Cantonese. So it is not a matter.
    After providing necessary supporting documents, it will take 2 to few months to complete the process. For my case, it took only 2 months.

So Kanhai, your case is abnormal. Are you still waiting?
    Can you apply for the natularized chinese after getting the ROA? Or you hneed to wait sometime after getting the ROA before applying for a naturalized chinese?

Can apply now

As far as I know, you can apply for Naturalized Chinese immediately after you get ROA. There is no need for any waiting period.

No Cantonese

Hi Kanhai ,
    I am HK born Nepalese ie. PR . Although I have not yet applied for SAR PP yet cause I am still thinking whether to apply for HKSAR pp or British Passport ,I know lots of Nepalese who have obtained SAR pp .Some of them are my close friends and believe me they know next to nothing about cantonese .Only cantonese they know are all the swear words and PK words .Some of them even dont know how to count 1,2,3,4 in cantonese .If they can get SAR pp ,why cant you ?like someone mentioned earlier ...your case is abnormal dude .

Quote Originally Posted by Saadhu_Ji:
    Hi Kanhai ,
    I am HK born Nepalese ie. PR . Although I have not yet applied for SAR PP yet cause I am still thinking whether to apply for HKSAR pp or British Passport ,I know lots of Nepalese who have obtained SAR pp .Some of them are my close friends and believe me they know next to nothing about cantonese .Only cantonese they know are all the swear words and PK words .Some of them even dont know how to count 1,2,3,4 in cantonese .If they can get SAR pp ,why cant you ?like someone mentioned earlier ...your case is abnormal dude .
    What's the difference between HR SAR Passport and British Passport?

i am Australian passport holder (non ethnic Chinese)HK perm ID 15 years good written Chinese and spoken Cantonese own property here etc and am thinking that a HK passport may help solve the China mainland visa problem which is at present very troublesome and inconveneint

i wonder if someone would be kind enough to inform me in the process of naturalization as a Chinese citizen

1. is it a requirement to renounce previous citizenship or provide evidence of such?

Obviously though i want to keep my Australian passport -after all there must be tens of thousand HK Chinese with dual Australian HK passports

2.Any PR Aussies here successfully applied for HK passport and so hold both documents as do so many ethnic Chinese here?

Any advice much appreciated in advance

1. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by longbeard:
    What's the difference between HR SAR Passport and British Passport?
    Well one would make you Chinese, and the other British.

One is blue in color, while the other is red.

One has Chinese characters on it which the other doesn't.

Just a few off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Brown_By_Nature; 09-07-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    i am Australian passport holder (non ethnic Chinese)HK perm ID 15 years good written Chinese and spoken Cantonese own property here etc and am thinking that a HK passport may help solve the China mainland visa problem which is at present very troublesome and inconveneint

i wonder if someone would be kind enough to inform me in the process of naturalization as a Chinese citizen

1. is it a requirement to renounce previous citizenship or provide evidence of such?

Obviously though i want to keep my Australian passport -after all there must be tens of thousand HK Chinese with dual Australian HK passports

2.Any PR Aussies here successfully applied for HK passport and so hold both documents as do so many ethnic Chinese here?

Any advice much appreciated in advance
    2. I think most of them are Chinese Hong Kong born residents who gained Australian citizenship later in life.

I would say all of them are. There's a big difference between native Chinese citizens (who, at least in the case of HK residents, are tacitly permitted to take a second nationality), and naturalised Chinese citizens (who are explicitly required to renounce, and show that they have renounced, all other citizenships on taking Chinese citizenship).