Like Tree1Likes

China entry visa at the border for UK passport?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

China Tourist Single entry Visa for British Citizens

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Oops, I should really have reported back for the record...

There was no problem getting a Shenzhen-only entry visa at the border for my UK passport. This service is available to pretty much anyone except a US passport-holder, and the cost varies for different passports - it's $450 for a UK passport. It took about half an hour for me, because the office was quite busy, but it was mainly time waiting for them to process my visa, rather than queuing time.
    1. Is this fee still applicable today? 04 July, 2012
    2. Is this arrangement still available to British Citizens on visit to Hong Kong and are not Residents here.

A UK passport holder can apply at the border and pay 308 RMB. Takes 5 minutes, I did it a few days ago.

Applies to non HK residents. You must pay in RMB btw, there is a money changer next to the visa office if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by mid_gen:
    A UK passport holder can apply at the border and pay 308 RMB. Takes 5 minutes, I did it a few days ago.

Applies to non HK residents. You must pay in RMB btw, there is a money changer next to the visa office if you need it.
    Are you sure its 308 RMB? If that is the case, then the visa fees charged for UK passport holders have gone down quite significantly.