HKSAR passport and Home Return Permit

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

it does not matter. passport affairs is a different department than ROA and will thus verify your Chinese nationality from square one, although they can see and use the ROA documents as reference

Perfect, thanks for the help everyone.
    I'll apply for the passport online then pick it up when I arrive in Hong Kong.
    Then renew my HKPIC and start the process of getting my Home Return Permit.

somehow I was under the impression that you need an address in HK, but it seems I was mistaken, sorry.

try to find the recent thread about HRTP, it seems it has become a long and protracted affair for first time applicants

Last edited by Morrison; 08-05-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Yeah, I read a few of those threads which was why I wanted to get everything ready as soon as I can so I don't get stuck for a long period of time.

I plan on looking for work on the mainland if I am unable to find work in HK and would rather not be unemployed for long, but this is another topic for another board :-)

Apply for HKSAR passport from overseas.
    If you don't plan to stay in HK for over 30 days, there is no need to replace your HKPIC.
    Travel to HK and apply for HRP when you have HKSAR passport at hand. Have somebody collect HRP for you and send it to you by mail.
    You will need to stay in HK for a few hours -- just make sure CTS will be open when you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by pkboy:
    Yeah, I read a few of those threads which was why I wanted to get everything ready as soon as I can so I don't get stuck for a long period of time.

I plan on looking for work on the mainland if I am unable to find work in HK and would rather not be unemployed for long, but this is another topic for another board :-)