need to submit a supporting letter - help!

Closed Thread

need to submit a supporting letter - help!

Hey,

I have been working as an English Teacher at my school for the last 3 months on my working holiday visa. The school are sponsoring me to stay on, as my holiday visa expires tomorrow! Here is the problem, please can somebody help me!

Immigration have all but rejected the schools application, and they have requested a supporting letter to state why I should be hired over the other job applicants etc. The school has no idea about this process and I know that if they get this wrong I am screwed. I do not have a degree, but I have TEFL/TESOL and almost a year of teaching experience.

I need help on how to compose the supporting letter to make it sound like there is no one but me for this job!

Please if you can help - I'm very stressed about this. I need to stay in HK so I can't afford to lose the visa sponsorship

Thanks. x

Last edited by rokchc; 17-05-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Wow! You don't care about Hong Kong law, do you? You've already broken it by working illegally! Were you daft enough to include that experience in your application?

BTW, you can't lose what you never had.

how the hell did you formulate that response from my initial post?
    where have i said i am working illegally? i have been working under a very 'legal' working holiday visa the entire time i have been in HK.
    why don't you keep your comments to yourself - they are no help to anyone.

Last edited by Editor; 17-05-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Hang on, did you edit your post? Sure when i first read it you didn't say anywhere that it was a working holiday visa!

Last edited by Satay Sue; 17-05-2012 at 03:57 PM.

yes i did edit it, but i actually thought it would have been obvious. i wouldn't fuss over trying to stay here illegally!

Quote Originally Posted by rokchc:
    I do not have a degree, but I have TEFL/TESOL and almost a year of teaching experience.
    Not much chance with this combination.
    Last edited by emx; 17-05-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Support letters are standard. just outline why you fit and others don't. How hard is that? The real problem sounds like others would fit. Can't solve that for you.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile