Changes at Lo Wu

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    The entry card you have there is not the same as the old Lowu one anyway!
    Hmmm!

The Lowu version must be unique to the rest of China as I have used these versions at Shekou ferry terminal, Shenzhen Bay/Western Corridor, Beijing & Tianjin airports.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Hmmm!

The Lowu version must be unique to the rest of China as I have used these versions at Shekou ferry terminal, Shenzhen Bay/Western Corridor, Beijing & Tianjin airports.
    Yes, Luo Hou/Lo Wu and Huang Gang/Lok Ma Chau entry forms are different & unique than the other forms used at other entry points.

My experience has been that Luo Hou/Lo Wu and Huang Gang/Lok Ma Chau entry points don't even accept the yellow entry form you have here.

Please take a look at the attachment, are the new forms much different?
    Please attach a copy of the latest forms if possible.

I would love to know if these forms (PRC and HK) are actually used for anything these days, I would think the vast majority of passports are machine readable now so what purpose does the extra data serve?
    That entry form has, in the past 2-3 years anyway, never been used at Lo Wu. And neither are used at Lo Wu now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alby:
    Yes, Luo Hou/Lo Wu and Huang Gang/Lok Ma Chau entry forms are different & unique than the other forms used at other entry points.

My experience has been that Luo Hou/Lo Wu and Huang Gang/Lok Ma Chau entry points don't even accept the yellow entry form you have here.
    That's true, I saw a guy get sent back to fill in a Lowu entry pass a couple of months back. He wasn't happy, but hey, if you're stupid enough to believe that China and logic belong in the same sentence.........

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    but hey, if you're stupid enough to believe that China and logic belong in the same sentence.........
    got a good chuckle from your comment

Went through Lok Ma Chau on Sunday and had the new form which is a one piece one with 2 sections to fill out, and they tear off one section and hand it back for you to use on the exit journey. Is this the one they are also using at Lo Wu?

Sounds like it. The Lo Wu one is yellow.

Bugger! So that means the Word templates I just created to print out both forms is useless now?

Please take a look at the attachment, are the new forms much different?
    Please attach a copy of the latest forms if possible.

I would love to know if these forms (PRC and HK) are actually used for anything these days, I would think the vast majority of passports are machine readable now so what purpose does the extra data serve?
    I had a Sh%t load of those forms filled out and when i started to go back to china this week, its all bloody changed. The worst thing is they dont even leave the forms on the desk, they have morons standing there handing it out which means I need to fill it out every morning at the border. Pain In the ARSE.

I had no problem finding a bunch last week. Hope they aren't planning to hand them out one at a time forever. Eventually my stash will need to be replenished.

Forms

My experience is that the new forms were first brought in at the "new Huanggang" checkpoint ie Lok Ma Chau/KCR checkpoint (Lok Ma Cha spur line) and are now at LoWu. The "old Huanggang" checkpoint (ie bus/road checkpoint) accepts the exit section from the new two-part forms but is still basically using the old forms. The "old Huanggang" checkpoint may be moving to using the new forms - just not clear yet.

At both LMC and LoWu they seem to be handing out the new forms as if they were ration tickets. Hard to get a good supply of them but I hope this changes.

The immigration people at the "new Huanggang" seem to be freshly trained and keen to try their English as this is the first place any of them have ever spoken to me. The customs at the "new Huanggang" do not have much to do and will inspect luggage far more often and far more officiously than at LoWu and once they have decided to inspect your baggage they are overbearing and determined to find something. Tomatoes and avacadoes are on the "banned list" but I had onions from a supermarket impounded.