Can my wife apply for hkpid?How? Help!

Closed Thread

Can my wife apply for hkpid?How? Help!

Im china born And had stayed in hk for more than 7 years hence with hkpid. I got married 1998 with a Chinese (Philippine citizen). We got kids and all got their hkpid. Ever since we got married we had been living in Philippines coz me and my wife are working there. Our kids are also studying there hence we only go back to hk yearly for 1-2.5 months vacation. Then we have to go back for work and kids schooling. Last 2005, I applied hkpid for my wife and it was rejected for the reason that she did not stay in hk. Her dependent visa was just extended for 3 years. This year, it's another 7th year and I hope to apply for her hkpid. But thinking that it might be rejected. Somewhere in the forum I had read that if you can prove that you are either working or studying abroad then it is acceptable to be absent in hk for more than 6 months yearly. In my wife's case, she is working in a school in Philippines hence can only come back to hk during summer vacation of school. When we go back to hk, we just stayed in my parents house hence we don't rent a flat in hk. With my wife's case, how can she prove her 7 years of ordinary stay here in hk?such that she can be eligible to apply for hkpid. She is employed outside hk hence wont be able to stayin hk. Or will she only be given extension of dependent visas every 3 years with her case? Can someone help us how to deal with this or give advise as to how to apply for her hkpid.

Hence, hence, hence. Maybe it's just me, but your story is really hard to follow. From what it sounds like, your wife has not ordinarily resided in HK for 7 years, and is therefore not eligible for HKPID.

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Yes my wife had not been residing in hk every year for more than 3 months simply because she had work in Philippines. However, I had read from a thread that if you can prove either you' re studying or working abroad then it is alright to be absent in hk for a long time. Hence, my question is can she prove her absent in hk valid thru her employment abroad? If yes, then is she eligible for hkpid? Thanks!

You are both working outside of Hong Kong fulltime, zero chance of convincing immigration you and your wife have been residing here full time for 7 years continuously. (Yes you as her sponsor needs to be actually living in Hong Kong fulltime too!)

No, if you're working somewhere other than in HK you are not residing in HK. What is to prove? Your wife has no claim for right of abode.