Problem for converting from BNO to British Citizenship?

Closed Thread

Problem for converting from BNO to British Citizenship?

Dear Mates,

Let me explain you scanario first.

A HK Permanent Resident (Non Chinese) was holding BNO and (A) Passport. Later he cancelled his A Passport to get SAR, as we are all aware that a non Chinese cant hold anyother passport with SAR. He didn't mention that to HKG Immigration and successfully got SAR.

Now he is holding two passports SAR and BNO.

As now UK allows BNO holders to convert to British Citizenship. If he applies for British Citizenship, will they be able to trace that he already hold SAR? If they manage to find this, what worse can happened?

Many Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chen2012:
    Dear Mates,

Let me explain you scanario first.

A HK Permanent Resident (Non Chinese) was holding BNO and (A) Passport. Later he cancelled his A Passport to get SAR, as we are all aware that a non Chinese cant hold anyother passport with SAR. He didn't mention that to HKG Immigration and successfully got SAR.

Now he is holding two passports SAR and BNO.

As now UK allows BNO holders to convert to British Citizenship. If he applies for British Citizenship, will they be able to trace that he already hold SAR? If they manage to find this, what worse can happened?

Many Many Thanks
    have this bno holder stayed in uk for more than 7 years?, how did he/she convert his bno, do you have any proof?

I do not think so unless you traveled to the Uk on it. The issue is people who canceled their other nationality after 2009. If before 2009, you only held your BNO and the other passport A, It can be done. I know of Indians who had an Indian passport and the BNO and were able to obtain full UK nationality. But if they find out you are screwed. I would use a lawyer to do this.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si.../guide_bos.pdf

Registration as a British citizen for Stateless BN(O) is now available | BritishHongKong Official Site