Like Tree35Likes

Maid holiday

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Which status came first? Maid or fiancee? Immigration might not take too kindly to the situation if you used the FDH status to get your fiancee into Hong Kong.

If she came in on an FDH visa and is on that visa now, they would probably find your relationship a bit of a 'test' of contractual duties and you might find them visiting your home to check on arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky22:
    Are than any restrictions for taking a domestic helper to Thailand for a holiday, my helper is actually my wife to be!!! From Indonesia.
    you're an idiot. What possessed you to refer to your fiance as your helper first before mentioning that you are engaged to her...? I would imagine that if she really was your fiance, you would have crossed that 'mental bridge' (during your time as boyfriend/girlfriend) and started to have thought of her as a wife foremost above being your helper.
    secondly you will not need to worry about immigration dept asking you any questions as if she is under your name on the contract, it will show that on her passport and she will not have issues entering back in. Immigration dept are a lot more smarter than you and don't really give a shit unless it is blatantly illegal. They don't care that youre in love with your helper.

You are the one that needs to be concerned whether she is using you for visa purposes...

whatever the case - i think you are talking out of your ass and i think she is someone elses helper and not yours....

Straight answers would be appreciated thanks

Straight answers would be appreciated thanks
    Impossible to give without you clarifying your situation.

Did you bring your girlfriend in (or contract her after your relationship started) under cover of an FDH contract?

Did your helper become your girlfriend/fiancee while working for you under the FDH contract?

What are the domestic living arrangements for your FDH?

By the way these are questions you will most likely face with Immigration.

It doesn't matter! The contract is in my name! And we want to go on a holiday! So are there any racist rules prohibiting this?

It doesn't matter! The contract is in my name! And we want to go on a holiday! So are there any racist rules prohibiting this?
    OMG you just don't get it do you? WTF would be a racist rule prohibiting it?

Your helper is your girlfriend and it WILL matter to the Immigration Department. While many do this, I'm sure, few would advertise it by going on holiday together without being very prepared to be challenged at Immigration - most likely your helper/girlfriend.

They don't give a damn what colour you are, they give a damn that you might have hired a helper who is in fact your girlfriend (even if she does cook and clean for you) to get around visa requirements for your girlfriend. And trust me, Immigration do NOT like to have the wool pulled over their eyes.

P.S. unless you need your 'helper' to wipe your arse, they would have a lot of questions for you if you need to take your helper on holiday with you!
    Last edited by Fiona in HKG; 21-06-2012 at 05:24 PM.

What's the difference if she was mf gf or not? Let's say I just want to reward her for her good work. It's fine right ? It's fine if they visit my house, we didn't break any laws.

Just to keep things simple - Maids are entitled to leave Hong Kong for holidays. Typically they would return to their home country, but I have known employers to take their maids on holidays to act as nanny ect ect. I doubt immigration will question you taking your maid/fiancee to Thailand, but if they do, you can simple say that you are taking your maid on holiday with you, as some sort of performance bonus. I would however leave public displays of affection until well clear of customs to avoid any unnecessary questions.

What's the difference if she was mf gf or not? Let's say I just want to reward her for her good work. It's fine right ? It's fine if they visit my house, we didn't break any laws.
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were looking for someone to tell you that what you are doing is perfectly legal and that you and she are going to lie to the immigration authorities. Let's say.....hell yeah, go for it

If she was your girlfriend before you made the application for her to be your DH then you very clearly made several false declarations on the application form. That is a criminal offence.

If you genuinely employed her as your DH and subsequently the relationship changed then you have a duty under the law to inform ImmD of that, again as stated on the application form.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast