Like Tree1Likes

Can u change name after getting naturalization?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anthro, when did you apply for the naturalization?
    I applied last February but get no news until now.
    Can I check the progress online or is it okay for me to call them?
    Appreciate your info. Thanks.

takes one full year to get it, u wont get it till a year from application.

Thanks, Anthro...I feel better now, it's only 5 months now so I will just have to be patient.
    Did they call you for any interview within the one year waiting period or there's nothing until the result is out? please let me know? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzani:
    Thanks, Anthro...I feel better now, it's only 5 months now so I will just have to be patient.
    Did they call you for any interview within the one year waiting period or there's nothing until the result is out? please let me know? Thank you.
    the application period will not start until you they request all the documents they needed and then they will process your application afterwards. before it used to take 8months to 1yrs but now it will take 1yrs to 1 and half year as I heard. I got my in 13months. When u go to submit all the documents they might ask some chinese language proficiency, only 1-2 words they will say in chinese and you have reply other then this there will be no interview. all the documents required and interview will depend on case basis. if you have all the required documents and no criminal record then it will be fine but it takes some time. so don't worry and be patient. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by surajbgl:
    the application period will not start until you they request all the documents they needed and then they will process your application afterwards. before it used to take 8months to 1yrs but now it will take 1yrs to 1 and half year as I heard. I got my in 13months. When u go to submit all the documents they might ask some chinese language proficiency, only 1-2 words they will say in chinese and you have reply other then this there will be no interview. all the documents required and interview will depend on case basis. if you have all the required documents and no criminal record then it will be fine but it takes some time. so don't worry and be patient. good luck
    Thanks, surajbgl..appreciate your info.
    So it's okay for me to be out of HKG for about 2-3 months since it will be nothing in between the application with submitting all documents until the result which will be out a year at the earliest? I plan to travel but I'm afraid immigration will ask me to come for an interview or something while I'm not in HKG.
    I submitted all required documents during application to an officer there & so far they never asked for additional documents (5 months passed already) so I think they don't need anymore documents from me. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2