Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Claire ex-ax

Bringing Indian Parents to HK

  1. #1

    Bringing Indian Parents to HK

    I know right now we can't call Indian parents in HK as a dependent, has anyone tried calling them indirectly on Imported Worker category, or any other way. We can always open a dummy company and call them on a worker category. Please let me know if anyone has tried it before or any other way is possible. Thanks.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

    It's not just "Indian parents", so don't make it about race.

    Two things to note about the Supplementary Labour Scheme (SLS):

    1. The SLS allows employers with genuine difficulties in finding suitable employees locally to import workers from outside the HKSAR. The requirement is on you to prove you cannot find suitable employees locally for your dummy company.

    2. "It is an offence to make false statements or representations to an immigration officer. A person who knowingly and wilfully makes a statement or gives information which he/she knows to be false or does not believe to be true shall be guilty of an offence under the Laws of Hong Kong and any such visa/entry permit issued or permission to enter or remain in the HKSAR granted shall have no effect."

    If you are a permanent resident and your parents are elderly, then you can sponsor them as dependants.

    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 02-08-2012 at 10:15 AM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2005

    Indian passport will have holders parents name/information. Immigration might get suspicious if you take them through other ways and you may end up in trouble.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Discovery Bay

    Isn't that information usually on the back of the passports. Usually only copies of the front page of the passport with the photo and bio-data are required.

    Not suggesting anything, but simply clarifying shafiq's post.