Training visa with dependant- can my husband work?

  1. #1

    Training visa with dependant- can my husband work?

    I am going to be working in Hong Kong for 6 months (from UK) on a training visa and my husband is coming with me as a dependant. I have had mixed responses as to whether he is eligible to work. Many have said yes because the training visa allows for spouses to work for up to 6 months as well. I also read the visa rules on the HK immigration website and I seemed to gather this was in fact correct. Can anyone clarify this point for me? Thanks!!!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

    I think the ImmD's website is clear:

    16. Dependants of the following persons are not prohibited from taking up employment in the HKSAR:

    - persons who have been admitted for employment (as professionals, for investment to establish/join in business or for training);