Like Tree4Likes

Entering Macau with your HKID only

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

The holder of this card has right of abode in Hong Kong

My Permanent ID has printed across the back....
    "The holder of this card has right of abode in Hong Kong"
    My old non permanent ID did not have this.
    If It dosent say this on your ID... Take your Passport.

If your non permanent HKID card says R, or * or *** then you can use it to go to Macau.

Unless it changed recently, that's what it is.

While if you do that and then decide to go to China you'd be facked so to speak. Why not carry your passport other than the concern for it filling up with too many stamps.

I have an R on my ID and I have used my Canadian passport every time going to Macau both from China side and from HKSAR. I didn't realize their was an option for an R type.

e-Channel in Macau

This summer Macau installed automatic immigration gates, more or less like the ones HK has had for years - at least, at the Macau ferry terminal (I haven't been through the airport or the border recently).

At first they were for Macau ID only, then this month (Dec 09) they added gates for HKPID, and vice versa for Macau ID at Shun Tak. You have to register your ID card and fingerprints with Macau Immigration, but that just takes 1 form and 5mins in a booth at the pier. Plus up to an hour of queuing, of course; it's still Macau.

It's brilliant for regular HK-Macau commuters - you don't even need to fill in an arrival card any more, the gate prints one for you!

Hi, I hope someone can answer this question of mine. I'll be leaving for the Philippines this 12th and on my return I would fly to Macau first before finally going back here to HK through ferry. I haven't been to macau so will I be able to just insert my smart ID and cross the border?

Thanks to those who can answer. so to make it simple its HKG-MNL-Macau-HKG

I read that you need to register your HKID so that you can enter/exit the automated gates. so will it still be fine to exit macau through ferry?

If you mean in Macau then: If you have PR and have registered then yes. If you haven't registered or just hold HKID card then no. I went Macau last week, entered using HK residents line (not a PR and not eGates) and when I left there was not a residents line - just immigration or e-Gates.

Well it's been over a year and I'm curious as to how things turned out.

I'm also only a Hong Kong ID Card holder with RO residential status and I'm curious as to whether I can enter Macau using just this HKID card. The main sticking point is that my card doesn't say "Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card", just Hong Kong Identity Card.

Could it be that those who have entered Macau with just their HKID with "R" status were just lucky in that the immigration officer failed to notice the ID card did not have "Permanent" on the top?

Atlantic

I have RO too and registered for the fast track for Macau and have been using it perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Atlantic

I have RO too and registered for the fast track for Macau and have been using it perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever
    Hey Jimbo

Thanks for replying. Just to clarify ... does your HKID card say "Hong Kong Permanent ID Card" on the top. Unfortunately my HKID just says "Hong Kong ID Card" and I'm thinking this may be an issue.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast