Like Tree236Likes

Dependant visa taking too long time

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 52 57 58 59 60

Hi Honotam

According to the ImmD web the department has started full public services on May 4th 2020. I don’t see any harm to submit your application now.

I myself have been waiting for 15 weeks for my dependent visa to be approved. The Company HR where my husband works submitted the documents on the third week of January 2020 and we received the acknowledgement letter on 6th Feb. On 24th March we received another letter from director of ImmD requiring more documents such as my birth certificate, apartment contract and marriage proposal / arrangement. We found it weird because we lived together in singapore for 5 years before we got married under singapore law (2.5 years of marriage). Before relocating to HK, we both worked for a decade in singapore. Sad to say but it’s probably because I’m Indonesian and my husband is British.

Not sure what’s happening now but hopefully we could hear some good news next week. I will definitely need to apply for another extension visa since mine will be expired on 3rd June. I just hope they won’t reject it. It would be a hassle to leave HK since flights are limited and I would be exposing myself to the virus by traveling overseas

Dependant Visa

Hi everyone,

I recently applied to become a dependant on my husband's visa, and it was approved yesterday after just 7 working days from the day of submission!

Prior to submitting my application, I was a bit manic trying to organise all the files and this forum really helped so I wanted to make sure I returned the favour and share my experience with the entire process.

My husband (German) is currently on an IANG visa, and so was I until the approval of my dependant visa application. I (Taiwanese) had lost my job because of Covid and due to the economic situation, I could and can only get a job as a freelancer in my industry. My IANG was due for a renewal soon, and so we decided to push up our marriage so I could apply to be a dependant on my now husbands IANG visa.

My husband and I started working in Hong Kong after completing higher education not long ago, and so most of our money goes towards paying rent and other living costs. This means we really don't have much savings... it worried us, but I gathered as much evidence as I could to both prove our relationship and our professional experiences within our industries, strongly suggesting that we'd have 2 decent incomes, and not just one...we crossed our fingers and hoped our application would be successful.

Here is a list of everything we submitted:

• ID 997, ID91, ID481
    • Photocopy of both sponsor and applicant HKID, passport, and current visa
    • Photocopy of my household registration and Taiwan ID (only for Taiwanese)

• My previous employment letter
    • My previous employment termination letter detailing the reason
    • My current employment contract
    • My personal bank statements
    • My MPF statement
    • My sponsor/husband's last 3 pay slips (with MPF contribution listed)
    • Our joint bank account statement
    • Income plan letter
      I wrote a letter detailing my job situation. How I had lost one, how I have a new one as a freelancer, until when and how I am confident in my ability to continue freelancing at an X moment of salary per month, if not higher. I thought this was important as I wanted to make sure Immigration understood that regardless of our savings, there would be 2 decent incomes, not just one.
    • Photocopy of my sponsor/husbands job contract
    • Letter from my sponsor/husbands company detailing his on-going employment
    • Photocopy of our rental agreement
    • Sponsor Letter
      A letter from my husband entailing his happiness to support me in my application
    • Photocopy of our marriage certificate
    • A relationship album
      We printed out a thick stack of color photos that dates back years, from different holiday celebrations, vacation, family visits and to our wedding.
    • Love story letter
      We wrote and signed a letter about where and how we met, when we visited our families for the first time, and describing even our roles in our home.
    • Relationship Witness Letter
      We asked a dear friend to help us write and sign a letter in support our relationship

Last but not least, I was strongly advised by company's HR lady to write a cover letter to top my application. To list each document submitted with a number that could then be easily referenced to with a sticky note tabbed on the side. Honestly, this was really fun to do. I love organising and I organised tabs to look like a rainbow with numbered tiers. Which immigration officer wouldn't want to tackle approving an application so well organised?

In fact, both when I submitted the application and got the call that my application would be approved, both officers noted how organised and through my submission was. So, I seriously advise making sure you have all the documents you could possibly need and making sure its easy for the officer to refer to specific documents in your application pile.

I hope this helps, and to all those awaiting for your results... good luck!

Fine post @cookie67 and thanks for sharing. Best of luck to you and your husband

Quote Originally Posted by cookie67:
    Hi everyone,

I recently applied to become a dependant on my husband's visa, and it was approved yesterday after just 7 working days from the day of submission!

Prior to submitting my application, I was a bit manic trying to organise all the files and this forum really helped so I wanted to make sure I returned the favour and share my experience with the entire process.

My husband (German) is currently on an IANG visa, and so was I until the approval of my dependant visa application. I (Taiwanese) had lost my job because of Covid and due to the economic situation, I could and can only get a job as a freelancer in my industry. My IANG was due for a renewal soon, and so we decided to push up our marriage so I could apply to be a dependant on my now husbands IANG visa.

My husband and I started working in Hong Kong after completing higher education not long ago, and so most of our money goes towards paying rent and other living costs. This means we really don't have much savings... it worried us, but I gathered as much evidence as I could to both prove our relationship and our professional experiences within our industries, strongly suggesting that we'd have 2 decent incomes, and not just one...we crossed our fingers and hoped our application would be successful.

• ID 997, ID91, ID481

• My MPF statement
    • Income plan letter
      I wrote a letter detailing my job situation. How I had lost one, how I have a new one as a freelancer, until when and how I am confident in my ability to continue freelancing at an X moment of salary per month, if not higher. I thought this was important as I wanted to make sure Immigration understood that regardless of our savings, there would be 2 decent incomes, not just one.
    • Sponsor Letter
      A letter from my husband entailing his happiness to support me in my application
    • A relationship album
      We printed out a thick stack of color photos that dates back years, from different holiday celebrations, vacation, family visits and to our wedding.
    • Love story letter
      We wrote and signed a letter about where and how we met, when we visited our families for the first time, and describing even our roles in our home.
      We asked a dear friend to help us write and sign a letter in support our relationship

Last but not least, I was strongly advised by company's HR lady to write a cover letter to top my application. To list each document submitted with a number that could then be easily referenced to with a sticky note tabbed on the side. Honestly, this was really fun to do. I love organising and I organised tabs to look like a rainbow with numbered tiers. Which immigration officer wouldn't want to tackle approving an application so well organised?

In fact, both when I submitted the application and got the call that my application would be approved, both officers noted how organised and through my submission was. So, I seriously advise making sure you have all the documents you could possibly need and making sure its easy for the officer to refer to specific documents in your application pile.

Excellent
    Not every item will apply to all but a great checklist for future applicants.

Has anybody applied for dependents visa during covid 19 and got approved ? How long did it took ?

Dependent Visa

Quote Originally Posted by Subina:
    Has anybody applied for dependents visa during covid 19 and got approved ? How long did it took ?
    Timeline for us was as follows:

May 7th: Submitted application in person to Immigration Tower
    May 13th: Received acknowledgement letter
    May 24th: Received request for additional information
    June 1st: Application approved

Next step getting the thing activated!
    shri likes this.

Similar... about 1 extra week in our case between submitting the extra information and getting the approval. This was back in Oct/Nov.

Getting a series of European airports to understand that a visa sticker conferred residency was also a challenge on the way in! “This is not a visa this is a sticker” and other such gems.

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie67:
    Hi everyone,

• ID 997, ID91, ID481

• My MPF statement
    • Income plan letter
    • Sponsor Letter
    • A relationship album
    • Love story letter

Hi @cookie67! We're in a similar situation. Wondering if in your case (swapping from IANG to dependant visa) you had to leave HK and re-enter to "activate" your new dependant visa? Or did you just remain in HK all along? Thanks!