Like Tree222Likes

Dependant visa taking too long time

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Dependant visa taking too long time

Can u believe its been ... 10 weeks i've submitted my document to my case officer n that time he told me that it will take 4 to 6 weeks n after that no reply so i went to the immi office on the 7th week to check n then he told me to wait for more 2 weeks ... And then after waiting for 2 weeks i called him but no one receives my call ... I kept on ringing and theres someone who receives my call .... And .... Can u imagine wat is the reply... My case officer is on leave for a week ... Call him next week to check. ..... What is the best word i can use now

dear giant, PALEY and javi like this.

Write to the director of immigration with all details and correspondences.. My wife's did actually take a while too..

Oxygen and PALEY like this.

I did that n now they say they will give to another officer to handle my case.... Again another officer... again more weeks to wait ......

Dependent visa's do not take this long without a reason. They are clearly worried about some aspect of your case. Tackle that, not the fact that one guy is on holiday for a week.

And yes, drop the attitude. Visa's are a privilege, not a right. If they don't like you then you are stuffed.

Last edited by MovingIn07; 29-08-2012 at 09:24 AM.

This is a wind up, right?

Or, OP, are you being serious?

If you are, then you really really really really really really really really need to change your attitude both on this board and with immigration.

Otherwise, you are going to get even more abuse on this board and you won't get your visa.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Perhaps the OP is from a country/region from where the Immigration Department receives a number of fraudulent applications, in which case it would take longer to verify everything.

shri and mandeepb like this.

Ya i have already told them that do they need some additional docs but they said no its alright.

It is really frustrating. I'm also waiting for mine and it has been more than 14 weeks now.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Can be busier in summer; it tends to be when families make the move. But I guess it can be frustrating when one is moving to a country that checks applications carefully.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 05-09-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    Oxygen likes this.

Hey, me too! Maybe we should form a support group like they do with Alcoholics Anonymous! Hello, my name is xxx, I live on the island and I've been waiting for five weeks!

Oxygen and PALEY like this.

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast