Like Tree18Likes

Going to/from the Mainland

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I believe that in general the price is the same as for a 12 month multi-entry visa, but that price varies by passport.
    Visa fees (Hong Kong dollars in cash only)

SiuMaiTaiTai likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    That would depend on your passport, SiuMaiTaiTai. Which country?
    British passport, looking at that link now, getting 3 years for the price of 12 months would be soo good!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai:
    British passport, looking at that link now, getting 3 years for the price of 12 months would be soo good!
    i paid HK$1300 for three years during mid may last year before the price changed to HK$2170

It's not so much 3 years for the price of 12 as that there is a standard fee for the 'long' multi-entry visa but it's at their discretion as to how long they give you. Once you have successfully gotten a 3 year once you usually get three year visas in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    i paid HK$1300 for three years during mid may last year before the price changed to HK$2170
    er....well done?

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    It's not so much 3 years for the price of 12 as that there is a standard fee for the 'long' multi-entry visa but it's at their discretion as to how long they give you. Once you have successfully gotten a 3 year once you usually get three year visas in the future.
    oh right I see so it isn't a certainty. What do they base their 'discretion' on? Previous visas? I've had some 1-2 entries and a 6 month visa but all in my old passport, in my current passport nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    If you are a Chinese citizen of Hong Kong then you can get a Home Return Permit which lasts for 10 years.
    If you are a non-Chinese Permanent Resident of Hong Kong then you can apply for a multi-entry visa valid for up to 3 years.
    If you are a non-Chinese non-permanent resident of Hong Kong (i.e. holding an Employment Visa or Dependant Visa etc) then you can apply for visas of up to one-year duration, but the first couple of times you will be granted single or double entries.
    If you are not a resident of Hong Kong then, in general, you need to apply for a China visa from your country of residence or citizenship.
    One more. If you have a passport from an APEC country AND can meet the various criteria (which vary by country) then you can apply for an APEC card which gives you visa free travel into HK and into China for visits of up to (normally) 90 days. It takes ages and costs and there are some hoops to jump, but it is the closest I can think of to a "pass that allows free travel" - IF you qualify.

oh right I see so it isn't a certainty. What do they base their 'discretion' on? Previous visas? I've had some 1-2 entries and a 6 month visa but all in my old passport, in my current passport nothing.
    Rolls of an invisible dice that only they can see.

(You think I'm kidding, don't you....)

Yes, nobody knows the 'criteria' for their discretion. Both times I've applied for multi-entries I've been given 3 years so as far as I can tell it is based on good looks and sparkling personality, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    Yes, nobody knows the 'criteria' for their discretion. Both times I've applied for multi-entries I've been given 3 years so as far as I can tell it is based on good looks and sparkling personality, obviously.
    That describes the imm. officer...what about you? (rimshot)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Ramdom and bryant.english like this.