Like Tree18Likes

Going to/from the Mainland

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Going to/from the Mainland

Does anybody know what type of visa/PR permit you need to be able to go freely to and from the mainland? Thanks.

is this a joke...?

if you planning on visiting once, get a single entry. if more, multiple entry.
    unless you've previously applied in HK (and succcessfully got the visa) or a HK resident, foreigners cannot apply a China visa in HK...

I meant what type of HK work visa or PR permit you need, not a mainland visa.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes to get the HK visa once you've applied?

You do not need a Hong Kong visa to be able to visit the mainland, but obviously being here means you have some form of visa or permit to stay here for a certain period.

There are no visas or PR permits that allow you to freely visit the mainland. You would still have to apply for a China visa.

There is a home return permit for Chinese nationals, but I am not sure that would apply to you.

I'm surprised to hear there are no PR permits that let you freely visit the mainland. What do people do if they constantly have business in Shenzhen?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

A Hong Kong employment visa allows you to work in Hong Kong. It does not give you entry into China. For immigration purposes, Hong Kong and China are separate entities, more or less.

If you are a Chinese citizen of Hong Kong then you can get a Home Return Permit which lasts for 10 years.
    If you are a non-Chinese Permanent Resident of Hong Kong then you can apply for a multi-entry visa valid for up to 3 years.
    If you are a non-Chinese non-permanent resident of Hong Kong (i.e. holding an Employment Visa or Dependant Visa etc) then you can apply for visas of up to one-year duration, but the first couple of times you will be granted single or double entries.
    If you are not a resident of Hong Kong then, in general, you need to apply for a China visa from your country of residence or citizenship.

Thanks Gruntfuttock, that's exactly the info I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    If you are a non-Chinese Permanent Resident of Hong Kong then you can apply for a multi-entry visa valid for up to 3 years.
    Does anyone know how much this visa would be? Thanks

That would depend on your passport, SiuMaiTaiTai. Which country?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast