Visa application process - timing - Dependent Visas.

Closed Thread

Visa application process - timing - Dependent Visas.

Hi all,

Looking around this forum, elapsed time to obtain visa's can clearly be an issue, I think this is a problem in most places.

- Is it possible to apply for dependent visas at the same time as work ones? or does it need to wait until the work visa is in place before the process can start?
    - Who generally manages / follows up the visa application process, the employer or the employee?

We are not in our home country and have dependent visas linked to my husband's current work visa, so its not an an option for us to stay on here for a lengthy period after he starts his new role. Ideally we'd like to ask the employer to organize visas for all of us prior to him relocating, so we can all move at the same time.

Does this seem like a reasonable request when moving to Hong Kong? My husbands two previous expat positions have been in the Middle East where it's standard practice to expect the employer to line up all visas first and where it would be extremely unwise to relocate without this having occurred.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

- Is it possible to apply for dependent visas at the same time as work ones? Yes