Like Tree1Likes

PR / Unconditional stay.... Advice needed

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    Get a job in hong kong.
    I know it will be an ultimate solution to start again in hong kong but I have just picked up this job in Macao so I would stay for a while ....

Working in Macau during the week and getting back to HK for the weekends while still maintaining an apartment should suffice. I'd consult someone with experience even if it costs a bit.

Any suggestions on whom to consult? Coz I have no ideas about the immigration business sector.

If you're out of HK between 09/09-09/10 (365 days) as you said, you will not be able to get the PR next year even though you keep your visa valid during the period when you're not living in HK.
    You can be out of HK for 6 months only during the 7 years period to get the Unconditional stay/PR.

Quote Originally Posted by notnewinhk:
    If you're out of HK between 09/09-09/10 (365 days) as you said, you will not be able to get the PR next year even though you keep your visa valid during the period when you're not living in HK.
    You can be out of HK for 6 months only during the 7 years period to get the Unconditional stay/PR.
    It was less than 365d. BTW, I have a frd that was doing exchange abroad for 9 months but still got PR in the end. So any reference source in IMMD for your comment?

Please ask the IMMD to make sure that it's okay for you to be away from HK for more than 6 months to be eligible to apply for the PR.
    My friend just got her PR and told me regarding the 6 months thing, she travels a lot but since she never out of HK for more than 6 months continuesly, she got hers last February.
    But don't rely on what you heard only, if I were you, I will check it out myself to IMMD, they know better. All the best!

Going abroad for studying purposes is allowed.
    Consult an experienced immigration lawyer/consultant.
    I was away for 1 year during SARS and didn't apply for PR as I thought I was not eligible anymore. A lawyer later told me that SARS as a reason could have been explained and accepted. By that time it was too late as I had moved to Macau and now back in HK I can only get it in 2017.

Please ask the IMMD to make sure that it's okay for you to be away from HK for more than 6 months to be eligible to apply for the PR.
    My friend just got her PR and told me regarding the 6 months thing, she travels a lot but since she never out of HK for more than 6 months continuesly, she got hers last February.
    But don't rely on what you heard only, if I were you, I will check it out myself to IMMD, they know better. All the best!
    Sure I will check with IMMD and update here for any reply.

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller:
    Going abroad for studying purposes is allowed.
    Consult an experienced immigration lawyer/consultant.
    I was away for 1 year during SARS and didn't apply for PR as I thought I was not eligible anymore. A lawyer later told me that SARS as a reason could have been explained and accepted. By that time it was too late as I had moved to Macau and now back in HK I can only get it in 2017.
    Oh I am sorry for you hktraveller. I will take your advice to consult a proper lawyer. Do you have any recommendations? Btw, are you originally from Macau or were you just working in Macau?

I am originally from Germany and just working in Macau temporarily.