Like Tree38Likes

UK Expat, family visa problem, or is it?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Hi There

At the end of the interview when we had been told that the visas would be approved, the official said that he understood from my Company that we wanted our children to attend school as soon as possible. He had already asked for copies of the offering letters from the school. He then said that there was an option to pay for the visas to be fast tracked and that we could pick them up between 9.30 and 16.30 on Monday. The cost was just over $300 to be paid on collection. It was 16.00 on Friday at the time. These were the Visas that get stuck in the passports. The now have the temporary HKID numbers and the cards have been applied for and interviews attended, so they will be ready to pick up soon.

A good outcome for sure.

Berni

dear giant and TheBrit like this.

I get the feeling that maybe normal. I paid 160 for my visa and when I picked it up got the ID card application the same day seems like your wait from interview to visa was speeded up though. Nice one all the same. A good result.

Berni, to be clear: $320 for two dependant visas?

I waited two weeks from interview to visa pick up but then I do not have kids that need to go to school.

I got the visa two hours after I submitted additional documents to the officer in person without paying extra money.

Hi

Yes, was $320 for two dependent visas.

Tks

Berni

So that's just the normal fee - no "extra for fast service" that I can see.

carang likes this.

No speed fee, just a very obliging immigration officer. I have always found them to be as helpful as they possibly can be.

carang likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4