Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shafiq

How many days can Vietnam Passport holders can stay in HK with a tourist visa?

Question How many days can Vietnam Passport holders can stay in HK with a tourist visa?

Me: US passport holder working in HK
    My parents: Vietnam passport holder
    I want to fill out the paperwork to apply for tourist visas for my parents. Would this be possible? Or can my friend (HK citizen) fill out the paperwork to "invite" them?

Let's say the visa process is hard, and in this case, we will pay an agent in Vietnam to apply a HK tourist visa for them. How many days can they stay with this tourist visa? I heard from a friend that it is only for 7 days. Then they would need to go to China, and come back. HK will give them another 7 days (so generous!) Is this true?

If I want to invite them for a month, then is there any way at all? Or is it absolutely impossible?

Please help!! I've searched everywhere on the internet and they don't say anything about the visa duration!

Thank you in advance!!!!

You can apply for visitors visa for your parents, you being the sponsor. Immigration may grant them a 3 month or 1 month visa.

Asking your friend to be sponsor will not work as HK has pretty tight rules on visit visas. Also if your parents apply from vietnam they might end up with a 7 day visit visa.

Best thing is you as the sponser, applying for 3 months visit visa. You can give a try...

Last edited by shafiq; 03-10-2012 at 03:25 AM.

The longer duration visit visas are like courtesy visas, nowhere mentioned and dealt on case by case basis..Applying with proper documents like financial support, bank balance, place to live and a round trip air ticket will be a better way to start with...

nguyen.belle likes this.

I can still be their sponsor even though i'm not a HK citizen? I will give this a try. Thank you for your response!

Yes. As HK resident u can be their sponsor to take them on visit visa for short time.