Expired Dependent visa

Closed Thread

Expired Dependent visa

Hi Everyone,

My wife dependent visa has expired and she didn't stay in HK long enough to renew it because something came up and have to leave HK. What are the necessary documents she should supply to the immigration department once she arrive in HK and apply for a dependent visa again. Should she also provide the expired HK resident card to them too?

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Alvyn

I don't think your wife needed to be here in person to submit the documentation for dependent visa extension (you could have done it on her behalf with proper forms).

In any case, provided that you already have your extension completed, you will need another extension form, a form from you as a "sponsor" and a form from her confirming your marital status. The original passport must be presented at the time of application as well as a copy of the HK ID card. Given that her duration of stay has already expired, and you did not ask for a temporary extension from immigration prior to her departure, she will probably need to enter Hk as a tourist and then talk to immigration. I would follow up with the Immigration Department in Wanchai just to be sure.

Last edited by climber07; 10-01-2008 at 10:45 AM.

hello

well, if her visa has been expired more than 12 months, then she need to apply for a fresh visa from the coutry she is now residing or you may apply for her at 7/floor of immigration tower. if it is less than 12 months then she can come back to hong Kong and apply at 5/Floor of Immigration tower as an extension of stay. Actually they do not call it extension of stay but a re-settlement visa. Function and requirements are the same only the name and timing are different.

HI,my visa has been expired in 2oo8 but i lived in HK for 10 years,i live in UK,do you think i could renew visa?my mother is my sponcor and lives in HK,i still have my perminent ID card.I am british citizen.

If you had a Dependant Visa then you do not have a Permanent ID Card. One or the other. With a Dependant Visa you would have a non-permanent ID card. The way you can check which you have is by seeing whether the word "Permanent" appears on the front of the card.

And as discussed in the other thread, the basic answer is no. You decided to move to the UK. You have to live with that decision. You can't get a Dependant Visa with your mother as sponsor if you are aged greater than 21.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    If you had a Dependant Visa then you do not have a Permanent ID Card. One or the other. With a Dependant Visa you would have a non-permanent ID card. The way you can check which you have is by seeing whether the word "Permanent" appears on the front of the card.

And as discussed in the other thread, the basic answer is no. You decided to move to the UK. You have to live with that decision. You can't get a Dependant Visa with your mother as sponsor if you are aged greater than 21.
    Thank's for your advise.