Going to public school under 'The Scheme'

Closed Thread

Going to public school under 'The Scheme'

Thanking in advance.

I am planning to apply for the quality migrant admission scheme, aka, scheme w/ two children.

In this case, 1) can my children attend to the public schools during the 1st year (actually during the finding jobs)? 2) When I find a job, can I work right away w/o any working permit? 3) If not, what are the benefits comparing finding jobs w/ 90 day permit?

The Scheme is a great opportunity. However, the government doesn't specify the exact benefits comparing to the entrance w/ 90 permit. Anybody can tell me the things? Or let me go to the site regarding this.

Thanks.

Are you a celebrity or a noteworthy, prize winning academic, musician, artist or a very well to do, wealthy business professional or have been invited by the government - as these are the only type of people seeming to have any success under the quality migrant scheme.

I am assuming that you are not one of these types I state above as in your post you mention finding 'jobs' and questions to do with 'public schooling.'

Yes the government makes it look vague and that just about anyone with specialized education can apply.

Suggest you consultant an immigration consultant / lawyer regarding your application under the quality migrant scheme.

Thank you, Alby, for your reply.

Anyway, you don't know if my children can attend the public school or not? This is the only concern that I have.

once your visa is approved, you MUST apply for a HKID card. once you have a HKID card your children are eligible for gov't schooling, just like every other child in HK. however, there are not so many schools that use english as the medium of instruction, so the choice you have may be very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by darkgreen:
    This is the only concern that I have.
    There's none so blind as them that will not see...

If you were the type of person that would be admitted under that scheme then you wouldn't dream of sending your kids to public schools.

>> This is the only concern that I have.

May be the only concern you have, but might not be the only problem...

Technically, any kid who is dependent on a resident (does not matter how they've entered here) can attend any school... private or public.

Might be your only concern.. but will not be your only problem, if you're worried about finding a job.

Thank you, all.

My question was to verify the difference b/w 90-day-entrance and the Scheme. As you may know, I may find my job during the 90 days while my kids are NOT able to attend the public schools (I am not sure ^^;;. As for the job hunting, that's the 2nd thing for me as long as the Scheme has no other benefits comparing other methods.

I am googling right now but have had not much info about the Scheme yet. It has started to bug me.

Thanks.