Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amitsingh_hk

Verification Document/Letter

Closed Thread

Verification Document/Letter

Hi all,

Quick question - I need to obtain a verification document/letter from the Indian consulate, never done this or been there before. Anyone know if I need to make an appointment online? Or can I just show up and apply for whatever I need? Any help or advice would be great! Thanks.

Last edited by avengedsevenfold; 15-11-2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Typo

you should call them up and ask them over the phone. They will advise you what to bring in support of this.
    Remember to get the name of the person you spoke to and inform him you will come to see him when you get there. Ask for him when you get there.

If you speak to another person they may ask you other documents which you hadn't brought as you weren't told that.
    Indian consulate are notoriously inconsistent and staff there tend to make it up as they go... So be aware.

avengedsevenfold likes this.

The Gutter.... I've moved up in the world

In my experience the Indian Govt. is very bureaucratic... and slow. Better do you own research rather than rely on advice from this kind of forum.

And just as I posted someone proves me right and wrong!

Right that the Govt. are dodgy and wrong about the advice... that's good advice amitsingh_hk

Last edited by Fly Boy; 15-11-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: poster beat me to the punch

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I have tried searching on their website but nothing applies to what I need. Best thing would be for me to talk to someone in person, explain the situation and see what's the best way to get it sorted.