UK passport renewal

Closed Thread

UK passport renewal

Has anyone renewed a UK passport recently? How long did it take to process? I've been waiting about four weeks now, which is the timescale they aim for apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by LoughtonLion:
    Has anyone renewed a UK passport recently? How long did it take to process? I've been waiting about four weeks now, which is the timescale they aim for apparently.
    Had mine processed in August and back within 2 weeks. Not sure of the timescale they aim for.

Renewed mine at the same time as my wife's a few months ago. Wife's took 10 days, mine took 4 weeks "IT issues". Submitted application in mid Aug.

Last edited by MrRotavator; 03-12-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added dates

Thanks both. As I was typing the forum post in the taxi home this morning DHL were attempting to deliver the passport. They're coming back tonight. I will be going home for Christmas!

One year ago took 11 working days. Oh, just saw your last post, good!

they changed the system and hiked the prices from HK$1300 to HK$2000 is, ie, from last sept/oct, the passports are now done in uk, and couriered (confirmed by a mate done in december) as oppose done in uk, takes a lot longer due to uk processing and time for courier

That all went into place in 2011, which was BEFORE my application; the passports has to be couriered to London after receipt at Consulate here. We sent them to the Consulate on a Monday and received them just over 2 weeks later, was at the start of December 2011.

Last edited by Satay Sue; 03-12-2012 at 02:44 PM.