Like Tree2Likes

Verification for Eligibility for PIC Processing Time?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by amitsingh_hk:
    if your father was a Chinese citizen at the time of your birth. If he's holding a BNO, that is presumably a no
    This is rubbish - the VAST majority of BN(O) passport holders are Chinese citizens.

And in any case, BN(O) is irrelevant here, they only existed from 1997. The OP's father was a British Overseas Citizen, which is something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    This is rubbish - the VAST majority of BN(O) passport holders are Chinese citizens.
    I was referring to OP's fathers status at the time of her birth. OP was born 1989 and as you correctly stated BN(O) didn't exist at that time.

Therefore, at the time of OP's birth what was her father's citizenship and was he eligible for Chinese Nationality ?

Quote Originally Posted by amitsingh_hk:
    I was referring to OP's fathers status at the time of her birth. OP was born 1989 and as you correctly stated BN(O) didn't exist at that time.

Therefore, at the time of OP's birth what was her father's citizenship and was he eligible for Chinese Nationality ?
    Having said that.. anyone born in Hong Hong before 1983 has at least right to land in HK. Provided his dad was married at the time, then he automatically handed that down to his sons/daughters born anywhere in the world as long as it was before the 97 hand over.

Theoretical situation: A guy from Nigeria who's mother went into labour and had the baby in HK then took him back to Africa. He then gets married in 1982 to an Australian lady and has 5 kids with his wife. The kids were born in 84,90,94,95,96. All of those kids, and his wife will be eligible to live in Hong Kong indefinitely as well as himself.

So in my opinion if her goal is to be able to work here / bring his family to Hong Kong then he may as well apply for RTL (through verification of ROA in HK) then she'll be able to work here and his kids can study here and she'll be able to bring her husband as a dependent or whatever she likes.

If she just wants a passport then there is more of a tricky situation involving your dad being settled and his citizenship and so on.

Edit: Wendy is a she, obviously.. sorry about that..
    Last edited by HKHK154; 06-12-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Hi again everyone,

Thank you so much for your inputs. For the meantime, I'll just email the case officer, and hope that he/she will provide more details regarding the status of my application.

I'll post updates as soon as I get them.

Cheers!

Hi WendyL,

So at the end, did you get the ID card?? If you did, how long does it takes you. As I am in the same case as you, been waiting for four months for the card, since no reply back....