Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shafiq

depdendent visa status if out of hong kong

Closed Thread

depdendent visa status if out of hong kong

This is my 7th year holding a dependent visa.
    But the first year we only stayed in hong kong for maybe 4 months.
    My wife and I currently stay in my in-laws' place, along with two sons and her family.
    The thing is I don't get along quite well with my wife's sister.
    With the hk property price being so high, we cannot afford another place to stay, either.
    I am thinking about going back to Taiwan, where I came from, with my wife and sons.

The question is if I go back without completing the 7 year, will I be able to apply another dependent visa again if we decide to come back again?

Why wouldn't you just finish your 7th year and apply for PR?

Might not get it anyway without a good reason why they were in HK for only 4 months in the first year.

You can always apply for the dependant visa, if you provide them the proper and necessary documents, as u did 7yrs before..

But the best option is hold a bit long until 7yrs and apply/get the Permenant ID, as it will give you the much needed freedom to come back or travel back and forth anytime of ur need....

Last edited by shafiq; 15-12-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    imparanoic likes this.

stay here for another year ( complete full 7 years) and you definitely get your hkid card, in the mean time try and apply for you hkid and see if they accept your first year as a full year, nothing to lose

ps. move to nt, far cheaper to rent, you can get a recently built rural house with 700 sq ft for as low as HK$5000 per month in a more remote location

Just to follow up on the post. I submitted the application for permanent residency and was notified two weeks ago to have the passport and visa verified by immd on March 14. Is this a routine checkup of these certificates? Can I assume to get the permanent residency?

Quote Originally Posted by chuliu:
    Just to follow up on the post. I submitted the application for permanent residency and was notified two weeks ago to have the passport and visa verified by immd on March 14. Is this a routine checkup of these certificates? Can I assume to get the permanent residency?
    Yes, because that is what happended to me. The last note they sent me was requiring me to pay a visit to ImmDept tower to have my original documents verified. Since I was itching to have my PR ID already, I changed my appointment date online to a much earlier date. I was prepared with all my original documents when I went there but they didn't even carefully examine them. I then realized that my presence and my bringing of orig docs was just a "formality"but nothing strict. I was even able to apply for a new ID that day. =))

Quote Originally Posted by chuliu:
    Change your date online to the earliest available one and get it done..its just a mere formality...