Working visa application approval chance

Closed Thread

Working visa application approval chance

Hi,im a nearly qualified actuary with 2 years plus of working experience in malaysia.

Currently, I'm being offered a position in one of the international insurance company in hong kong with base above 20k per month. However, it comes with a condition that working visa has to be approved.

Thus, I'm just wondering what's my chance of getting the working visa? Any similar experience? Please help out...thanks....

Last edited by kykwang; 15-12-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kykwang:
    However, it comes with a condition that working visa has to be approved.

It is a requirement, not a condition.

No visa = no job.

They will be applying for you as they are your sponsor, so just sit and wait.
    Last edited by emx; 15-12-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks for the reply.

It ia true that the company will be sponsoring the visa and applying for it. However, if the visa is not approved, they will be dropping the offer..hence, I really wish to understand the chance of visa approval from the hong kong immigration.

Any comments? Thanks

The chance of visa approval cannot be calculated as a chance in insurance! As emx said: just sit and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by kykwang:
    Thanks for the reply.

It ia true that the company will be sponsoring the visa and applying for it. However, if the visa is not approved, they will be dropping the offer..hence, I really wish to understand the chance of visa approval from the hong kong immigration.

Any comments? Thanks
    They have to drop the offer as they can't legally employ you without the visa. The best advice is to wait. The application process takes, officially, 4-6 weeks but usually (if all paperwork is in order) come through within the 4-week period. If you have been given an offer by a large organisation it may take less time.

Good luck.