Like Tree4Likes

Do I qualify for QMAS?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do I qualify for QMAS?

Hello everyone,

I was planning my move to Hong Kong and just wanted to have some opinion from people on this forum, as to what are my chances of able to get entry in HK through QMAS. Below is my profile to assist people to judge if I make the grade or not:

- I am 24 years old.
    - Have been director of a commercial lending company for 6 years. Out of the 6, I have held the position for Finance director for the past 3.5 years. (Have regular pay slips and my name in the memorandum and other legal formalities also properly done)
    - I have a bachelors in commerce and masters in finance.
    - Have 7.5 bands Ielts.
    - Also I am a CFA level 2 candidate.

I want to ask you guys:
    - Do I have the kind of profile that HkK immigration looks for under the QMAS program?
    - Will I be able to claim only 3 years as work exp. or can I claim the whole 6?
    - Does the HK immigration only consider cash in your bank account for judging your financial health or do they consider your net worth including properties owned and financial assets owned (shares, debentures etc.)
    - It be great if anyone here can throw some light on the opportunities in Finance in HK?

Any help highly appreciated.

Were you a child prodigy?

MCDC and bbbbbbbbb like this.

I have copy and pasted the criteria from the Immigration Dept website, which are as follows:

Can you spell your own name?

Can you stand upright and walk on two legs?

Are you prepared to wait 3 years for your visa to be processed?

Congratulations you have qualified for QMAS!

Quote Originally Posted by urban.nomad:
    Hello everyone,

I was planning my move to Hong Kong and just wanted to have some opinion from people on this forum, as to what are my chances of able to get entry in HK through QMAS. Below is my profile to assist people to judge if I make the grade or not:

- I am 24 years old.
    - Have been director of a commercial lending company for 6 years. Out of the 6, I have held the position for Finance director for the past 3.5 years. (Have regular pay slips and my name in the memorandum and other legal formalities also properly done)
    - I have a bachelors in commerce and masters in finance.
    - Have 7.5 bands Ielts.
    - Also I am a CFA level 2 candidate.

I want to ask you guys:
    - Do I have the kind of profile that HkK immigration looks for under the QMAS program?
    - Will I be able to claim only 3 years as work exp. or can I claim the whole 6?
    - Does the HK immigration only consider cash in your bank account for judging your financial health or do they consider your net worth including properties owned and financial assets owned (shares, debentures etc.)
    - It be great if anyone here can throw some light on the opportunities in Finance in HK?

Any help highly appreciated.
    No degree. No chance.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Eh? It says he has a bachelors and a masters!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Eh? It says he has a bachelors and a masters!
    Yes, at 24 YO + 6 years of director level employment, a sharp cookie??

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Yes, at 24 YO + 6 years of director level employment, a sharp cookie??
    Could be a new Lars Windhorst, the youngest member ever elected for the “Global Leaders of Tomorrow” at the age of 20
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Windhorst
    Last edited by hktraveller; 23-12-2012 at 09:44 AM.

hahahaha!

I served as Sleeping Director for 3 years i.e. I wasn't actively involved in management of the company. It wasn't until I turned 21 and after my graduation that I took charge as the Finance Director of the company.

So now that its clear I am no child prodigy...can I have your opinion as to if I could be a potential good candidate for QMAS? Also some light on the questions I raised would be really helpful.

Most of your questions are answered in the guide to QMAS applications which ImmD provides on its website, including which years of experience count, and which asset classes are admissible.

As to "quality" I guess that depends on what "commercial lending" means. We've no shortage of loan sharks in this town...

With commercial lending I am referring to finances given to SMEs, financing of heavy machinery and vehicles for commercial use, and lastly venture capital.

So I can claim 6 years of work exp.?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast