Like Tree3Likes

Can I apply for Permanent Residence a week or two before the date I complete 7 years?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can I apply for Permanent Residence a week or two before the date I complete 7 years?

Hello all,

Does the Immigration Department accept PR applications a week or two before the actual date of completing 7 years? I am thinking of a change of job and ideally, I'd like to get the PR sorted while my employment visa is still sponsored by my current employer.

My first post on this fabulous forum and I'll be really grateful for any help,

Best regards,
    HFL

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I think you can apply a little bit earlier, but of course it won't be granted earlier so you may still need to renew the employment visa, depending on its expiry date.

Many thanks, Claire. Just being optimistic here that an earlier submission (maybe) helps in cutting down the processing time owing to delays caused by incomplete / unsuitable documents.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Perhaps wait for others to confirm (things were different when I applied). I'm sure there was another thread on the same question. It could be they don't start processing it before the 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by hereforlearning:
    Many thanks, Claire. Just being optimistic here that an earlier submission (maybe) helps in cutting down the processing time owing to delays caused by incomplete / unsuitable documents.
    below info from another site.

the whole process took approx 6-8 weeks after submission of the application (7y and 1d after date stamped on my first working visa).

i applied one month earlier and the appln got approved exactly six weeks from date of application i.e. two weeks from my seventh year completion date...

wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    i applied one month earlier and the appln got approved exactly six weeks from date of application i.e. two weeks from my seventh year completion date...
    Thanks Shafiq,
    Just to clarify further, which year did you apply? Did you attend the interview?

I submit it a month before the 7 year mark (Oct. 2012), and got the letter around 7 weeks later, asking to furnish the documents for verification. All things went smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by 01yeungh:
    I submit it a month before the 7 year mark (Oct. 2012), and got the letter around 7 weeks later, asking to furnish the documents for verification. All things went smoothly.
    My 7th year ended on 30 Oct 2012...
    I submitted on the last week of Sep 2012 and the interview was on the second week of Nov 2012..Interview was just to verify the originals....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Keithlau888 and INXS like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast