Like Tree2Likes

Does a central china trip reset 90 tourist visa?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does a central china trip reset 90 tourist visa?

I have a US passport. I understand going to Shenzhen does not qualify and I would need to still go to Macau for a visa run.

What about going all the way into China? i.e. Guangzhou, Chongching?

Thanks all,
    Justin

p.s. I performed a search but didn't find a definitive answer (some conflicting)

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Going into China proper would be fine, but there's no guarantee of another Hong Kong tourist visa.

Quote Originally Posted by nitsujri:
    I understand going to Shenzhen does not qualify and I would need to still go to Macau for a visa run.
    This is not true. All you need to do is leave HK and re-enter and you will get a new stamp/tourist visa. No guarantee that it will be 90 days as it really is up to the immigration officer to decide.
    MovingIn07 and hktraveller like this.

Shenzhen is fine to reset the clock. But as others have said, you are not automatically guaranteed to get a new 90 day visa. Once or twice may be OK, but at some point they will correctly start to be suspicious you are not a tourist and deny you entry (or more likely grant you entry with a warning not to do it again and/or a reduced number of days on the visa).

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    and/or a reduced number of days on the visa).
    I heard of people that were given 7 days upon return.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I heard of people that were given 7 days upon return.
    With what passport and after how many visa runs? I came and went 3 or 4 times before getting my visa (luckily) with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDC:
    With what passport and after how many visa runs? I came and went 3 or 4 times before getting my visa (luckily) with no problems.
    If your white and smile nicely you can get away with it more. If your Filipino, Indonesian and certain other races then you're screwed.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by MCDC:
    This is not true. All you need to do is leave HK and re-enter and you will get a new stamp/tourist visa. No guarantee that it will be 90 days as it really is up to the immigration officer to decide.
    Thanks for the info. Mine was about 15 years out of date!

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    If your white and smile nicely you can get away with it more. If your Filipino, Indonesian and certain other races then you're screwed.
    in life. Unless you belong to a rich family or possess some special talent.

You still get your 90 days visa even if you go to SZ. I know cause I just did that last month when I visited.

But Then, it could be my FV status? =]

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast