Like Tree1Likes

RESIDENCY AS DEPENDENTS

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by cheongmo:
    we are all moving over there from uk to hk later this year, so at the moment i am not living in hk, what i mean is do i need to be in hk first to be the sponsor, sorry if this is a bit confusing
    No, you can all move at the same time.

Quit worrying - with right of abode and some money getting a dependent visa is very easy. It s about the only kind of visa that is!

ooo thanks for the info, i couldnt really get a straight answer from immigration, they kept copying and pasting from their website to my questions. so i should also include a letter from my father that he'll be providing perm accomodation?

many thanks in advance for your help, been stressing over it

Yes, get the letter. The two things they care about are 1) that you have somewhere to live and 2) that you are not destitute. That's just about it really.

EDIT - they also care that it's a real marriage, but I think the kid might solve that problem!

wow, thanks, you sound like you know your stuff, thanks in advance from my wife and bb now just have to trot down to the chinese embassy in london to process the applications)

Are RTL thresholds also the same or are they more strict?

was just wondering whether my dad could sponsor my wife and child as they are family to him.

£8k really thats a low amount to sponsor someone to live in hk, so you sponsored someone to live in hong kong for 8k??
    My PR wife sponsored me and we had 100k HKD in the bank, they didn't check how long it had been there....frankly, this was the actual advice given to me by the Imm. Officer...

ooo thanks for the info, i couldnt really get a straight answer from immigration, they kept copying and pasting from their website to my questions. so i should also include a letter from my father that he'll be providing perm accomodation?

many thanks in advance for your help, been stressing over it
    To be fair, it's all pretty clear on the website..... You can move here first by the way, we did...