Like Tree1Likes

RESIDENCY AS DEPENDENTS

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RESIDENCY AS DEPENDENTS

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with my questions, so heres the situation.
    me and my family live in uk
    i have a hk id card with right to abode *** (british chinese with brit passport)
    my wife is hungarian (hungarian passport)
    our baby daughter is 5mths old (brit passport)

we will be submitting an application for my wife and baby daughter to move to hong kong, my question is can my father be the sponsor of my wife and child.??

he rich and has a house ready for us to move into and willing to support us (he's a hk citizen born and bred there)

also i know we have to submit an separate applications for my wife and baby, what are the chances that only 1 of them will get the right to stay as dependents, will immigration look at us as a family??

also if my father cant be the sponsor, is it possible for him to dump 500k into my bank account then i can show i will have the funds to support them???

can we challenge any decisions by immigration??

hope someone can help

Quote Originally Posted by cheongmo:
    1.) also if my father cant be the sponsor, is it possible for him to dump 500k into my bank account then i can show i will have the funds to support them???

2.) can we challenge any decisions by immigration??

1.) This works, I did it with 100k

2.) Yes

thanks for the answer,

so just to confirm my father which is my wifes father in law and my babys grandfather can sponsor them to live in hk?

oops just read your reply properly, so big money in bank works.

hopefully if my father can sponsor them so i dont have to bother him for that

That's 100k HK so about 8k British btw....

I'm pretty sure you'll be the sponsor.....why could your Dad sponsor him?

was just wondering whether my dad could sponsor my wife and child as they are family to him.

£8k really thats a low amount to sponsor someone to live in hk, so you sponsored someone to live in hong kong for 8k??

A pr like u can sponsor proper dependent s like wife and child for very low threshholds. A place to live (get dad to write a letter) and a bit of money is fine.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using GeoClicks Mobile

bryant.english likes this.

hmm so i can sponsor even though i live in the uk? or just by holding a right to abode hk id i can sponsor?

so next question is do i need a hk bank account with money or just show them my uk bank account?

Quote Originally Posted by cheongmo:
    hmm so i can sponsor even though i live in the uk? or just by holding a right to abode hk id i can sponsor?

so next question is do i need a hk bank account with money or just show them my uk bank account?
    No of course you need to LIVE in HK. Why are they coming here if you are not?????

we are all moving over there from uk to hk later this year, so at the moment i am not living in hk, what i mean is do i need to be in hk first to be the sponsor, sorry if this is a bit confusing

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast