Like Tree13Likes

HK Work Visa

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Employment Visas for part-time work are basically unheard of.

And people can and do get turned away after only one or two "visa runs" to Macau or wherever.

carang likes this.

Agree with the previous two posters - no chance of an employment visa for part-time work, certainly as a teacher.
    Plenty of full-time teaching jobs (specially for people with QTS/ home state registration) with reputable schools who are willing to sponsor visas.

carang likes this.

Define part time. Language centres might be able to sponsor you to work 20 hours a week (paying around 15K a month), so you would still have a bit of free time.

you think she'll get a visa for $15k/month? i highly doubt it... but anything is possible, i guess.

Yes, probably need closer to 20K these days.

carang likes this.

which means full time work.. 5 days/week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    To me it is absolutely clear that she is residing in Hong Kong (what other meaning could "moved to HK" and "living [in HK] with my boyfriend" carry?).

In my version of English when you "move" somewhere it means that you take it as your place of residence (having left your previous place of residence).

And it is also clear that she doesn't have a visa allowing her to reside here. A Visitor Visa clearly does not allow you to "move" here.

So she is residing here illegally. I see no other possible interpretation of what was written.

(Although it is, of course, possible from what is written that the OP is male, not female.)

While, you were 'clearly' wrong.

I'd look at it as coming here looking for work. Many people do it and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure OP is now crystal clear as it's been rammed down his/her throat so suggest those who want to comment further on that aspect back off unless they can offer some more constructive advice.

For the pedants who seem to abound, if British you can "stay" for 180 days. So OP is "staying" with the boyfriend. Just happens to be looking for work too. Not illegal.

You can "visit" for 180 days. She isn't visiting, she's "moved" here. If your comprehension of English is sufficiently poor that you can't comprehend the difference then you have my sympathy.