getting married!! Please advise :)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Moreover, the British "consulate" in Taiwan specifically states that no Certificate of No Impediment is required to marry in Hong Kong, and suggests that Brits living in Taiwan and wishing to get married actually come to Hong Kong to do it.

Marriage in Taiwan?British Trade & Cultural Office, Taiwan

Here is the US Consulate's guide to getting married in Hong Kong: Marriage in Hong Kong No mention of any documentation except ID/passport (and Decree Absolute for divorces)

Last edited by PDLM; 09-04-2008 at 04:19 AM.

"At the time of the ceremony, an additional HK$715 (about U.S. $93) on weekdays and HK$1,935 (about U.S.$251)on Sundays and Saturdays is charged for the marriage certificate. "

Why the hell is the certificate almost 3 times the price if the ceremony is on the weekend? It's not like the office is open and it's being processed, the civil celebrant is already being paid their weekend rate, there are no other outside forces acting that will raise the price of a piece of paper. What a total load of typical HK BS.

sorry if i may disturb the forum? i wanna summit my documents to immg, but my wife already pregnant b4 wedding now she has deliver the baby. if i summit the paper will the ask of the baby?

If you were married when the baby was born then no problem at all. If you were not married when it was born then you may need to supply some additional paperwork to show that the baby is legally yours.

Quote Originally Posted by amazing20:
    sorry if i may disturb the forum? i wanna summit my documents to immg, but my wife already pregnant b4 wedding now she has deliver the baby. if i summit the paper will the ask of the baby?
    If you have a birth cert showing you as the father then there will be no problem. Actually even if you are not the father you can still get a dependent visa for them with no additional forms as long as you can explain the situation.

This FCO site says that the UK does issue CNIs.

I didn't need one, though. I just signed a form.

No-one's disputing that they issue them - I simply pointed out that they are completely meaningless. I guess the UK would happily issue one for me, despite the fact that I am married, because no UK Government agency has any record of the fact that I am married.

please advise? don't do it=)

Has anyone gone through the process in the months since the last post? Any word on the this Certificate of Inpediment (is that right?) ?

This sounds like the kind of thing where some less fortunate people get asked for it and others don't, even if officially it is not needed as PDLM points out. Perhaps down to what kind of day the Marriage official is having?

Thanks

If you are asking about getting married in Hong Kong then no such certificate is required.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5