Like Tree217Likes

Application for naturalization as a Chinese national

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by resurection:
    - With the reason Since Sep 1st 2018. "HRP holders no longer needed a gov approval to work in Mainland".
    I have work permit and long term residence ( Z visa) in China. But of course I won't be able to use my current passport once I am a Chinese National.

Maybe PSB will see my records and give a quicker approval?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Depending on their citizenship - they've been known to ask for the spouse's birth certificate and kid's school enrollment proof too.

Here's a checklist that I've seen being circulated:

And confirmed with the person who received the above checklist - the wait list for non-chinese ethnicities run at around 12-18 months, with an average of 15 months. They've also been asked to preserve all financial information since the application, including all financial records / salary slips etc.

Interesting. I wonder what's taking longer since looking at past stats number of people who are naturalising each year seem to be about the same.

Since applying, have had a few other friends naturalise, all of whom have been approved. Perhaps greater scrutiny but higher approval rates?

Actually, I take that back.

Looks like 1805 people applied in 2018, up from 1534 in 2017.

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/facts/na...tionality.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeuw:
    @member

Immigration is very prompt with email queries. I found this very efficient. Email the general inquiry line with your case number and they'll call to clarify within the Day.
    I just applied a month ago in person and interviewed during application ; they did not give me any case number. Do you receive acknowledgement with case number in mail?

@Mavs (and ignoring all the thread highjackers ) It is possible you just have to fill in as many of their criteria on their list as you can. I have a Chinese spouse so that helped but they do look at the whole package and as others have said many HKPRs without any Chinese family connections have made it. My application took 10 months. Once naturalised you will be able to easily apply for your HKPP with no problem. Its cheap to apply so why not if you have the time.

@shri @bartho thanks for continuing the discussion and, John and others thanks for replies too.
    Can anyone help with more information about the questions asked in the interview and what is to be shown to them to make the paperwork as comprehensive as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Mavs:
    @shri @bartho thanks for continuing the discussion and, John and others thanks for replies too.
    Can anyone help with more information about the questions asked in the interview and what is to be shown to them to make the paperwork as comprehensive as possible?
    I have applied in person and was given an interview right then and there. I wouldn't call it an interview, it's more of a document check and verification VS originals.

Based on the checklist provided by Shri, prepare as best as you can and fill in the forms and just head to Immigration.

Only interview - like question I got was another officer came by looked over his colleague's shoulder and asked me if I spoke Chinese ( in Cantonese). I replied in Mandarin and we had a simple conversation and that's it.
    shri likes this.

Your experience on applying for Chinese naturalization & HKSAR passport?

As a HK born Pakistani, would love to know how was your process and difficulties you faced while applying so. Anything that I need to know??!!

There are threads talking about that. I suggest you read through.

I just applied in March. Application is easy ; wait seems to be 1 year to 15 months at the moment.

cloroxbleach and mokhi6 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mokhi6:
    As a HK born Pakistani, would love to know how was your process and difficulties you faced while applying so. Anything that I need to know??!!
    Hmmm.... what passport are you holding now?
    FYI... my friend held a Malaysian passport, born in Hong Kong, took 8 months and 2 rounds of documents.

Get ALL your taxation documents in order, including demand note, tax return for the last two years. She was interviewed and asked about her taxes in detail.
    mokhi6 likes this.

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast