Like Tree212Likes

Application for naturalization as a Chinese national

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fei88:
    I just applied a month ago in person and interviewed during application ; they did not give me any case number. Do you receive acknowledgement with case number in mail?
    The case number is written on the paper which lists out documents that they need to see. I wouldn't stress if you can't find it, but just email with your ID and phone number.
    Fei88 likes this.

They asked very few questions. A couple on family and where they live, but that was it when I dropped off my application. They were probably more curious about family than anything else really.

They called about 10 /11 months later and asked me to send over a copy of my latest MPF Statement (hadn't included this earlier) , what I do for work, and to provide a written statement that I hold no other citizenship than the one I had declared at the time. Call was about 5 mins. They sent me the approval letter after.

No questions at all in Chinese or my ability to speak Mandarin/ Canto. All documents they want to see are the ones they had asked for. This included my latest tax statement. That was about it.

Toughest for me was getting original birth certificates, translations, renunciations (really tough to do!) . Interview process itself is very smooth and officers very polite.

Fei88 and shri like this.

I imagine renunciation will take a long time ( 5-7 months in my case) ; so you can only start that process after receiving approval letter, is that right?

I imagine renunciation will take a long time ( 5-7 months in my case) ; so you can only start that process after receiving approval letter, is that right?
    Yes of course, otherwise you risk being stateless.
    shri likes this.

Rejections?

Hi all,

I applied some 11 months back and no reply. Didn't want to apply at first because of the negative news articles saying it's difficult.

Was wondering if you know anyone who has not gotten approval on the citizenship? Most people seen to have gotten it?

I just applied a month ago in person and interviewed during application ; they did not give me any case number. Do you receive acknowledgement with case number in mail?
    Do you mean there is an interview DURING the time of in-person application for naturalisation?

How long had you been living in HK before you applied? And the 10-month duration you mentioned - is it just to obtain naturalisation or to get the passport?

I have a bunch of questions to ask actually, just PMed you!

@avn4ever Sorry, I prefer to communicate here and not by Whatsapp. I think this post covers most of what is needed with bank statements etc. and other requirements.

Yes, they ask a few questions during the time of application and a couple more questions when the application is being finalised.

I know of one person who was rejected, but they didn't have a stable income source when they applied.

shri likes this.

@Clorox I know of one person who was rejected, but they didn't have a stable income source when they applied.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast