Like Tree113Likes

Application for naturalization as a Chinese national

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19

Quote Originally Posted by Fei88
    Wow. Did you have letters with questions from immigration? I already had 2 round of letters and still waiting.

I had no letters. Did you receive letters? It's been 17 months.

I had a call in August asking for more information, which I provided, and then received the letter late September.
    shri likes this.

I applied mid March 2019.

Received a letter end of August asking further on my income and my wife's work status and updated bank statements. Replied right away.

Received another letter middle of October asking latest tax return and my employer's tax return and some Financials. Replied last week.

And Waiting game is on.

Quote Originally Posted by cloroxbleach
    I had no letters. Did you receive letters? It's been 17 months.

I had a call in August asking for more information, which I provided, and then received the letter late September.
    shri and cloroxbleach like this.

Wow, congratulations on getting it done! Sounds like quite a process.

DHL does work though, I attached a copy of my confirmation letter and they delivered my passport just fine. They did tell me to make it very clear that I was renouncing citizenship on the customs declaration and helped me fill up the forms in Chinese. My embassy couriered the renunciation letter back through SF express after it was processed a few months later.

Hi everyone,

**update **

Today i received my approval letter for naturalization as a chinese national.

I Submitted My application for naturalization as a chinese national in early March 2019. i got 2 rounds of questions from immigration department and finally today's letter.

Next step ; I have to apply to renounce my current nationality then fo pick-up That certification of naturalization.

Overall, it was an 8 months wait from first application.

Congratulations!!

Congrats. Now another few months to sort out your China travel?

Thanks. And shri hope you get your good news soon.

I still need to go through renunciation with my consulate. It should take another 2-3 months.

@natnato

Have you gone through Home Return Card application. Please share your experience if you could.

I applied for Naturalization in September 2018..got my approval in April 2019. Finally got the time to renounce my previous Nationality last week and completed all paperwork for HKId, Passport and Certificate of Registered particulars on a single day. All in all a smooth process. Now applied the naturalization application for my family as well.

Last edited by Tcresident011; 13-12-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19