Like Tree212Likes

Application for naturalization as a Chinese national

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast

**Update**
    On Tuesday I received a call from China Travel Service notifying me that my Home Return Permit was ready.
    I collected it today. It literally took less than 30seconds and I didn’t have to go inside. I just gave my HKID and receipt and the lady brought back my HRP card
    I had applied in late November 2019 and I’m pleasantly surprised they approved it on time despite me not being ethnically chinese, not speaking chinese and not having a close relative who is chinese/lives in China.

All in all it took me around 17months from Permanent ID collection to HRP collection including the naturalisation, renunciation and HKSAR passport applications. Long process but not hard to navigate at all.

This thread was helpful, thank you all. Happy to outline my timeline details if that helps anyone.

Good luck @Fei88 and everyone else applying.

Last edited by natnato; 09-07-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    shri, Fei88, ArrynField and 1 others like this.

Congratulations! Long wait for sure but it's great to hear they have worked through the virus period and still managed on time.

Quote Originally Posted by natnato:
    **Update**
    On Tuesday I received a call from China Travel Service notifying me that my Home Return Permit was ready.
    I collected it today. It literally took less than 30seconds and I didn’t have to go inside. I just gave my HKID and receipt and the lady brought back my HRP card
    I had applied in late November 2019 and I’m pleasantly surprised they approved it on time despite me not being ethnically chinese, not speaking chinese and not having a close relative who is chinese/lives in China.

All in all it took me around 17months from Permanent ID collection to HRP collection including the naturalisation, renunciation and HKSAR passport applications. Long process but not hard to navigate at all.

This thread was helpful, thank you all. Happy to outline my timeline details if that helps anyone.

Good luck @Fei88 and everyone else applying.
    natnato likes this.

Hi fei ,

I need your help my welfare payment is approved but the letter I received in chinese due to my chinese name do u think I need to send to immigration along with cover letter that i dont have job right now jobless taking help from family and friends now welfare taking plz advised me

Thanks in advance

Hi Wassem,

I remember you mentioning this issue previously.

First of all, only reply Immigration if they are asking you to provide information. Have you received a letter from them asking about welfare payments? Then you need to reply them, otherwise your application will not proceed.

Normally you have 6 weeks to reply each letter. In my case I replied them immediately.

If no letters, there is no need for sending any updates to immigration department now. If they are concerned with your financial situation, they will ask again for a second time later on. You can then explain the situation.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by waseemhk:
    Hi fei ,

I need your help my welfare payment is approved but the letter I received in chinese due to my chinese name do u think I need to send to immigration along with cover letter that i dont have job right now jobless taking help from family and friends now welfare taking plz advised me

Thanks in advance
    shri likes this.

Thx Fei,

They didn't send any letter after the update job status of mine but the case officer told me before that if ur welfare approve or reject then u send us letter but the letter I recieved from cssa that is in chinese I cant understand unless I use mobile app to translate any way i will appreciate your feed back and help for my case thx again
    Ya better i can wait for immigration to ask me in written letter again then i explain them right fei ?

If they asked you to give an update, it’s best that you send them a letter explaining your approval, especially if you plan to use the welfare benefits.

waseemhk likes this.

So what you suggest fei I wait for immigration letter or send them welfare approval letter ?

Hey everyone,

I got the phone call from CTS on Saturday,and picked up the hrp today.

Just to update ; I had completed naturalization and got my hksar passport in February.

Applied for Home return Permit mid March ; so overall HRP took a little over 4 months. Which is much quicker than what they told me 6-12 months or more.

This thread has been very useful thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fei88:
    Hey everyone,

I got the phone call from CTS on Saturday,and picked up the hrp today.

Just to update ; I had completed naturalization and got my hksar passport in February.

Applied for Home return Permit mid March ; so overall HRP took a little over 4 months. Which is much quicker than what they told me 6-12 months or more.

This thread has been very useful thanks everyone.
    Well done! Are you travelling to China these days?

No not yet. There is 14 day quarantine both sides of the border. I am working on exemption.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Well done! Are you travelling to China these days?
    shri likes this.

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast