Like Tree212Likes

Application for naturalization as a Chinese national

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SAI08:
    I have a question after applying for naturalisation does the process say the applicant cannot travel out of country. As I have got admissions for my masters in another foreign country and need to be out for 2 years … naturalisation application is under process for 6 months already.

I checked the websites and don’t see an answer for this.
    Don't think I have seen or heard of such a requirement - and it would be completely illogical to restrict your movement for an undeterminable period of time.

Thanks Shri but still wondering if this would cause any legal complications later on or face any issues like cancellation of Naturalisation process for me and family

Has anyone applied for Naturalisation for Chinese nationality recently ? Wondering is there a big delay due to number of applicants and shortage of staff ?

Thanks Shri but still wondering if this would cause any legal complications later on or face any issues like cancellation of Naturalisation process for me and family
    Email them and honestly ask them if you have an application on file.

You're not trying to scam them or break some rules - you're just planning your career / education etc. Both work and education related absences are considered to be temporary anyways..

Shri thanks … this sounds great as I have a genuine and valid reason … I will write to immigration department and keep you posted

I have a question after applying for naturalisation does the process say the applicant cannot travel out of country. As I have got admissions for my masters in another foreign country and need to be out for 2 years … naturalisation application is under process for 6 months already.

I checked the websites and don’t see an answer for this.

Not aware of any restrictions while Naturalization process is underway - I think they would also mention if that was the case. During the time they process your application - nothing changes regarding your citizenship / nationality, once results are out they will give you a time frame to renounce your original nationality.

The only issue I can think of is that they may try to contact your HK phone number for whatever reasons -

I suggest to write / email in with your application number and let them know that you are travelling out of the country but can be reached via email.

Good luck!
    shri likes this.

I applied Feb 2021 and was told processing takes up to 15 months, however they contacted me in Nov and it was approved in early Jan already. I've heard from a friend (and some posts on this thread) that they also had theirs approved between 9-12 months.

chuckster007 likes this.

Has anyone applied for Naturalisation for Chinese nationality recently ? Wondering is there a big delay due to number of applicants and shortage of staff ?
    Nephew applied few months back and was told it will take a year to 15 months, normally they process the application in 9-12 months and it has been like that for almost a decade, these days they put extra buffer for Covid related uncertainities/WFH etc..

BTW, he is studying abroad so he left HK after submitting application and will return when it is approved, perfrectly doable as long as you declare you have taken HK as your permanent place of residence and temporarily out of HK for study etc.. IIRC he verbally confirmed this with the officer as welll..
    shri likes this.

Thanks Oru this is so reassuring and will follow your lead. As you rightly said it does not state any where that we cannot travel it shouldn’t be a problem.

I applied in September 2021 it’s already been 6 months ,haven’t heard from them yet .

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast