Like Tree212Likes

Application for naturalization as a Chinese national

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Don123:
    Hi All ,

I have recently acquired HK passport and now I have submitted the Chinese naturalisation application for my wife and kids ( I am the sponsor in this case since I am already a Chinese national now ).

FYI , I received my Chinese naturalisation approval after 7 months.
    Can someone Pls guide in this case the naturalisation approval for my wife and kids should come after how much time ?

can someone pls reply on this query basis their experience in similar situation.

Does any one recently got approved for naturalization or still processing ? haven't received any updates from people since long time.

A friend and his family got approval last month after a year..

shri and Sana123 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sana123:
    Does any one recently got approved for naturalization or still processing ? haven't received any updates from people since long time.

At the time of application I think everyone's normally given a timeframe of 15 months. Reading this thread it seems to be anywhere between 7 months to 12+

For me it took 11 months total for the approval letter (including submitting supplementary docs)

I'd suggest to wait upto 15 months (or whatever time frame) before making any enquiry. If you've recieved an acknowledgement/paid the initial fee, it's not like the application will get lost~
    shri, Sana123 and Cathay731 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by oru:
    Posting my recent experience:

- From Bangladesh
    - Moved to HK 2012 / PR at 2020
    - Applied Naturalization Feb 2021
    - Received phone call Nov 2021 asking for a letter stating BD is the only nationality I've ever held
    - Received approval letter (pending BD passport renunciation) in Jan 2022

Much faster than the 15 months they said when I applied. The approval letter states that pending BD passport renunciation and payment of remaining fees (within 12 months), the certificate of naturalization will be immediately issued.

I prepared a LOT of documents (including wife's + baby's). During the (one and only) interview, the officer actually suggested to not submit some of them (e.g no need for tax returns beyond 3-4 years back).
    Success~

Had to wait 9 months for Bangladesh to let me go..

- Took the renounciation proof to Immigration along with the approval letter
    - Signed an oath
    - Paid the remaining fee
    - Immediately was given Certificate of naturalization (this doc apparently will not be replaced, don't laminate, keep it safe etc)

- With the certificate need to update HKID to reflect your new status
    - Once HKID was done, went to apply passport
    - I used the kiosk, but also had to show Naturalization certificate to officers there
    - Waiting for passport pick up now

* In retrospect, I shouldn't have rushed it.. if you want to get the Home return permit in future, you'll need a Chinese name on your HKID.

Since I didn't put it, there won't be a Chinese name on my HK passport either.

Not sure if I'll have to update both ID and Passport in future for consistency and to get the home permit.
    shri and Cathay731 like this.

Thanks everyone for your updates.I am still waiting for my naturalization process it's already been 13 months for me.

Thanks everyone for your updates.I am still waiting for my naturalization process it's already been 13 months for me.
    No harm in calling, just give some excuse politely you want to travel for few months due to family emergency bla bla, do i need to provide any more document or should i wait, see if they give any indication about how long it will take? Friend's son is studying overseas so he called couple of months ago to plan his trip and got an indication documents were sufficient, he should get result in month or so (Got lucky, officer was friendly )
    shri and oru like this.

Hi All - Any indication that Chinese naturalisation application process is taking how long nowadays ?

Hi All - Can someone Pls update that nowadays Chinese naturalisation approval is taking approx how many months ?

approval wait time

Did your application get approved sana? I’ve been waiting for mine, and its been 15 months already now

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast