Like Tree212Likes

Application for naturalization as a Chinese national

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ansj64:
    i was able to get my HKG Passport without naturalising...as long as you can prove that one of your parents is a chinese national at the time of your birth in another country and there is no proof that they have abandoned being chinese nationals or are permanent legal resident in the country of your birth.

I tried applying for naturalisation. When the immigration officer saw all the papers I presented, he said why don't you try applying for a passport. when I did, I was sent a letter for an interview and needed to show my proof as to why I deserve a Hong Kong passport. Mainly it was bewcause I was born a Chinese National (which is in your birth certificate). Then show proof that one or both parents are chinese national...(like passport, alien registration or its equivalent, etc). Then proof that I was not a permanent resident when I was born or thereafter. I was able to show that.
    Interesting. Were you born in the Philippines? I'm not aware of many countries where the child's foreign nationality is stated on the birth cert (usually it is just the parent's nationality if any)

Quote Originally Posted by kma88:
    Interesting. Were you born in the Philippines? I'm not aware of many countries where the child's foreign nationality is stated on the birth cert (usually it is just the parent's nationality if any)
    Not sure how any country can confer or assert a foreign nationality on a birth certificate...

Quote Originally Posted by kma88:
    Sorry my bad. It was my parents’ nationality and yes born in the islands

Quote Originally Posted by ansj64:
    Sorry my bad. It was my parents’ nationality and yes born in the islands
    All I am getting at is that if you were born a chinese national by virtue of your parents’ nationality and then you can prove that they were not permanent residents at the time you were born, you can be deemed a chinese national and given a passport. I also showed some other papers that showed me being treated as a chinese national and I showed proof that I was being given permission to return to the country where I was staying implying I was not a permanent resident.

Sorry if my explanation before was not so clear

So I read the CNL on the HK website and eligibility is limited to "Chinese nationals" or "ethnic Chinese" etc. What do the non-Chinese minorities do in HK who have lived here for generations? the Indians, Nepalese, etc. Surely they must have access to a passport to travel? Do they have a different category of HK passport? I'm also asking as my wife is non-Chinese and I'd like for her to apply.

Edit: I get it that she still has to naturalise as a "Chinese citizen".

Quote Originally Posted by bobly:
    So I read the CNL on the HK website and eligibility is limited to "Chinese nationals" or "ethnic Chinese" etc. What do the non-Chinese minorities do in HK who have lived here for generations? the Indians, Nepalese, etc. Surely they must have access to a passport to travel? Do they have a different category of HK passport? I'm also asking as my wife is non-Chinese and I'd like for her to apply.

Edit: I get it that she still has to naturalise as a "Chinese citizen".
    May all sentient beings be imbued with happiness and all its sources, may they be relieved from pain and all its causes.

chinese naturalisation for hong kong passport

Has anyone applied for Chinese Naturalisation recently and how long did it take?

I want to apply for Hong Kong passport so I applied for Chinese Naturalisation first and have been waiting for almost a year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by shazrk:
    Has anyone applied for Chinese Naturalisation recently and how long did it take?

I want to apply for Hong Kong passport so I applied for Chinese Naturalisation first and have been waiting for almost a year so far.
    12-18 months .. read this thread for answers to your questions.
    emx and Morrison like this.

24 months ….

maybe now it might be like a job application where you dont hear from them at all if you were rejected

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast