Like Tree212Likes

Application for naturalization as a Chinese national

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Giving myself 24 months to get this done.. should hopefully be sorted by the time the son figures out where he's going to Uni.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Giving myself 24 months to get this done.
    Thats enough time for you to learn the National Anthem in Mandarin by heart LOL

Here, start practicing.

shri likes this.

China Nationality Application Waiting Time?

When I handed in my application to become a Chinese National (citizen), I was told at the time by a Hong Kong immigration officer that it would take one year, possibly longer, before a decision was made. I am not ethnic Chinese, though my case appears fairly straightforward.

For those of you out there who have been through this process, how long did you have to wait and in what year did you apply?

SpeakCantonese likes this.

Following.

Quote Originally Posted by John_88:
    When I handed in my application to become a Chinese National (citizen), I was told at the time by a Hong Kong immigration officer that it would take one year, possibly longer, before a decision was made. I am not ethnic Chinese, though my case appears fairly straightforward.

For those of you out there who have been through this process, how long did you have to wait and in what year did you apply?
    There are a few other posts on it, took me a year. Do you mind sharing your current nationality? It depends on that too.
    SpeakCantonese and John_88 like this.

You have to change to John_888 and things will improve instantly , it's always 888 or 8888

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeuw:
    There are a few other posts on it, took me a year. Do you mind sharing your current nationality? It depends on that too.
    I want to apply too. I'm British... As far as I can tell I meet all the requirements but I wouldn't say I'm fluent in Cantonese... What was your situation?

Thanks , Bartholomew, well I would prefer not to share my nationality but lets say I am not in one of the major national groups that usually apply. When did you go through the process?

Morrison, ah yes, three 888 indeed, I missed that opportunity, bah! How long did it take you?

Gatts at the risk of sounding curt, this thread is not a discussion on why but on how long it takes. We all have our own reasons and they are all different. Best

when i submitted my application, the officer told me it would take 1 year or longer.
    6 months later I got a letter that my application is approved and i need to let go my current citizenship and process my Chinese citizenship. they gave me 12 months to consider and complete all the process.
    best of luck

shri and Dawei_2012 like this.

In Oct 2016 for me.

Depends on visa status with HK seemingly - guessing it has to do with the flow of information and ease of background checks.

Seems to vary by nationality, being from India, the Philippines, Indonesia takes approx 6 - 8 months.
    Europeans , Americans, South Americans approx 4 months.

Others, particularly those nations requiring a visa to enter HK, a year or more. This is all based on experiences of friends who have gone through the same.

Dawei_2012 and shri like this.

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast