Like Tree9Likes

Please help! My training visa is refused

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

thank you for your kind answer dear Good night ka

We have never had any problems in getting training visas but they are always supported by clear training programmes that identify dates and area of training. If you are only going to be here for 3 months then that is what needs to be clearly shown - suggest your employer gets involved in properly documenting the application with a training programme showing duration and content and a contract covering only that period as the visa will be for training only, not further employment.

Good luck.

varunya and Football16 like this.

thank u dear it's very kind of you

As Fiona and others note, in my experience hearing stories of visa rejections, it is because the submissions don't meet the specific criteria that must be met to be successful.

Everyone I spoke to had been advised by morons that it is a slam dunk so they are sloppy or if an investment visa - have unrealistic business plans and a bunch of inconsistencies in it.

Best advice I got from someone in the industry - don't think that HK Immigration are stupid.

varunya and Fiona in HKG like this.

Hahaha they're so straight. thank for yr advice dear

Quote Originally Posted by varunya:
    Hahaha they're so straight. thank for yr advice dear
    They are also very easy to work with, just follow the guidelines and complete applications properly.
    varunya likes this.

Anyone knows how long it takes for a training visa application to be approved these days?
    I know it says up to 6 weeks but are they really that inefficient???

Apparently, they are getting stricter too. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by louislim89:
    Anyone knows how long it takes for a training visa application to be approved these days?
    I know it says up to 6 weeks but are they really that inefficient???

Apparently, they are getting stricter too. Hmm...
    Just like every other question re visa's - it all depends. 4-6 weeks is about the norm for many types of visa, with some people swimming through in less and some being questioned and asked for more information and taking longer.

For a training visa it's more likely to be driven by the company - if they have applied before and know what they are doing it is more likely to be smoother than a first timer.

>> I know it says up to 6 weeks but are they really that inefficient???

Also, depends on what the company has put as the start date of the program. If it has been declared that the candidate is not expected till September, don't expect them to issue the visa to you in a week.

(Assuming that the paper work has been submitted properly. Best to ask the HR department or hiring manager and see what their experience is - I know some companies do get a bit of a faster approval process, partly because they submit their paper work correctly.)