Process to have 2 jobs legally

Closed Thread
    alanhku

Process to have 2 jobs legally

Has anyone here been through the process of requesting permission from immigration to have a second job?

What forms/letters are required and were you successful? Any help would be much appreciated!

You have not even gotten a work visa for your first job and now you want to know about having two jobs?

Are you not getting ahead of yourself?

Sent from my GT-I8150 using GeoClicks Mobile

alanhku

I currently have a work visa but will expire shortly, and I can't renew it as I'm leaving my current company for the new one in the other thread, however I'd like to have a second part time job in the mean time. Yes, this is a visa nightmare!

Last edited by alanhku; 20-02-2013 at 11:00 PM.

I do have experience in hiring someone part time while on a work visa with another job. It was not overly difficult but we did have some paperwork to fill in. I was able to get all of the info regarding what was needed from asking at immigration. They have always been very helpful.

There was a special form for a "sideline job." we also needed to provide a letter stating why we wanted to hire the person, a letter from his sponsor stating that he was ok with the employee taking up part time work, the contract, company financials (i think).....

Original Post Deleted
    Yeah, so was yours....

alanhku

Cheers carang, that doesn't sound overly complicated. Is a proper work contract required for the 'sideline' job? This sideline job would just be cash for odd jobs, but I'd prefer to be 100% legit.

Yes. It was.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    You have not even gotten a work visa for your first job and now you want to know about having two jobs?

Are you not getting ahead of yourself?

You forgot to ask him if he brushed his teeth before he went to bed as well......