My husband is a China mainland citizen. I live in NY while he flies between China and NY. Really appreciate if you could help answer the following dependent visa questions.

1. HR told me that it is very difficult for my husband to get dependent visa due to his citizenship and not living in NY that much (only 3 mths in the recent 1 year, one year in 2005). Is it true? We are applying for US permenant resident card now and the case is pending for approval. We are in adjustment status to US permenant resident and have Advance Parole. I will have working visa in HK.

2. If he can apply in Consulate in NY, will it be easier for him to get approved? Will his application be sent to HK for processing?

3. Official website says he can apply in China Consulate in NY, while Consulate said he has to apply in HK. Who is right?

4. If applying in HK, for PRChina citizen oversea, is the doc with all movements in the last one year requried? How long at least is required to live in oversea for approval?

5. If he is rejected, what alternatives for him to live in HK?

I decided to move to HK for family gethering after 5years seperation with my husband. If he can not get visa, it will be very frustrated because it means seperation again. It is too late to change mind since I have signed the working contract already.

Thanks in advance for any advices.