Like Tree2Likes

immigration lawyer

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So, get divorced in Hong Kong, get custody of the child (shouldn't be a problem since the mother is a prostitute, even if you don't have evidence of the violence/abuse), and have nothing further to do with her.

Just to clarify - the abusive mainland spouse is the wife, not the husband (who is the HK PR), or have I misunderstood?

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 27-03-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Edit: Or is she trying to appear to be going through the motions of helping the abuser get into Hong Kong with the hopes that somehow, magically, ImmD will stop him?[/QUOTE]
    This is precisely what he is hoping for in view of her criminal record here .Has anyone got a handle on how likely this is?(the violent mainland spouse is the wife btw)

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    (the violent mainland spouse is the wife btw)
    Isn't it interesting how several people jumped to the wrong conclusion (even though your first post gave a pretty strong hint with the mention of vice)?

So which parent does the child live with? Mother I assume?

If he signs in support of the 2 way permit there's very little immigration can do unless the police/courts have banned entry.

The choices he has have been extensively covered. If he refuses divorce or he signs in support of the permit he has no one to blame but himself as to what happens next.

@TB, It is illegal if you're a visitor (for example, on a 2-way permit) and mainlanders on 2-way visas is the main way that the low end prostitution business is staffed here I believe.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    This is precisely what he is hoping for in view of her criminal record here .Has anyone got a handle on how likely this is?(the violent mainland spouse is the wife btw)
    I doubt there can be many expats here who have been in a similar situation and who could comment on this. However, I think hoping that ImmD stops the person at the border is not an adequate plan to avoid further abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Isn't it interesting how several people jumped to the wrong conclusion (even though your first post gave a pretty strong hint with the mention of vice)?
    Plenty of mainland pimps/tripods here. That was my assumption.

Edit: Or is she trying to appear to be going through the motions of helping the abuser get into Hong Kong with the hopes that somehow, magically, ImmD will stop him?
    This is precisely what he is hoping for in view of her criminal record here .Has anyone got a handle on how likely this is?(the violent mainland spouse is the wife btw)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately you can't just sweep it under the carpet and let someone else deal with the situation.

By providing a false sponsorship claim for this woman is probably an illegal act under the Immigration Law anyway!

Generally having a 'record to their detriment' would be enough to get an expat visa refused, but it might be different for mainlanders. But if she is so unstable she might kill the child if she doesn't get her own way, this is a lot more serious than a visa issue. Why isn't the hk resident trying to get custody? 'Well cared for' *now* is no guarantee of the future.