Like Tree13Likes

How can Thai mother of my child join me in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How can Thai mother of my child join me in HK?

My Thai girlfriend and I have recently had a child born in Thailand.
    I have a HK employment visa for next two years.
    Baby will get a NZ passport (same as me) and can get a dependent visa. Naturally, we want to live together as 3 in HK.

Under what visa status can my Thai gf stay in HK?

I know Dependent is for Spouse or under 18 child/over 60 parent.
    I heard the HK Immigration can be "nice" and give mothers of children of visa-holders a 3-6 month tourist visa. Anyone else heard of this?

Any other ideas?

Many Thanks.

Marry her if you're not already married or separated

I agree. Marry her so she and baby can stay here with you. Otherwise, she comes as girlfriend only, tourist visa only, has to leave regularly exit and re-enter HK, no rights as "real" dependent, no HKID, access to medical services as tourist not as local etc etc. if you are serious about your relationship getting married is easiest way.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Marry her if you're not already married or separated
    And she isn't... (as far as you know, although if I were you I'd do some checks even if she claims that).

And are you also really sure the child is yours? I'd be having DNA tests done.

Without being married it is going to be difficult as Thais are on 2 week tourist visas aren't they? Can't see immigration giving out a 6 month tourist visa.

98.7% ? Seems very precise transit, you been doing research?

1. Get Married
    2. Hire her as your domestic helper (dont let immigration know your special relationship)

I am not too sure how it works but a bit surprised everyone suggests the FDH route.

I have a friend married to a thai girl (they married in hk) and she stays here w him wo job at all. So i guess immigration only relied on their wedding certificate (hk one) to grant her a dependant visa.

PS: the above stereotype abt thai women is very degrading to say the least.

Sent from my GT-I9210

carang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I am not too sure how it works but a bit surprised everyone suggests the FDH route.

I have a friend married to a thai girl (they married in hk) and she stays here w him wo job at all. So i guess immigration only relied on their wedding certificate (hk one) to grant her a dependant visa.

PS: the above stereotype abt thai women is very degrading to say the least.

Sent from my GT-I9210
    He's not married, so he can't use this route can he?

He may not WANT to get married (or be able to) so the FDH route is a way to bypass the need to get married.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    He's not married, so he can't use this route can he?

He may not WANT to get married (or be able to) so the FDH route is a way to bypass the need to get married.
    he can get married....(unless he or she is already) and if he does no need for FDH route. All i am saying.

Sent from my GT-I9210
    Last edited by Mat; 29-04-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    he can get married....(unless he or she is already) and if he does no need for FDH route. All i am saying.

Sent from my GT-I9210
    But perhaps he doesn't want to! Surely he must already know that marriage is the easy option ... so why ask for the alternatives?

I agree with others though - not all Thai girls are bar girls but just because they are (marketing executives) say, does not mean their definition of "love" differs from a western view.

Plenty of western women even have an eye to bank balance as well as "handsomeness" or other "lurve" factors - to think that this does not exist in a much poorer country where making a good marriage is even more crucial to a girls future is silly. Even if she is with him for his bank balance, doesn't necessarily mean she won't make a good wife. Marriage is a bargain at the end of the day and provided both sides know what they are getting into, it can work fine.

Just so long as the OP has his eyes open.

To the OP - your original question - are the "special" visa's for the mother of your child who is not your wife. The answer is "yes, sometimes". Unfortunately the "sometimes" would be more likely to relate to some WHITE women, who has been with the man for a LONG time and perhaps has a few kids with him. Immigration are likely to have the same view as many on this board for a Thai lady with a child you may not have know for that long.
    hullexile likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast