UK Gweilo seeks UK immigration advice

Closed Thread

UK Gweilo seeks UK immigration advice

I'm a gweilo British passport holder and wouldlike to make HK my main base but have no clear way to qualify for anythingother than a tourist visa.

I don't have a HK ID card (although I do havemy old one from 1993). In a perfect world I'd like to have a HK ID card and beable to stay whenever I like.

I get 6 months per entry and wonder ifthere would be a problem if I tried to stay for 12 months by making a visa runafter 6 months?

Also, I own a flat in HK and wonder if thatmakes any difference?

My work is freelance and I'm paid by acompany in the UK and can work from a laptop anywhere.

Does anyone know of any magic solutions?

I know a guy who is working here illegally and who has been doing the visa run for about 3 years now. You could certainly manage it a few times, but it depends how long you want to stay here. However you won't get an ID card, you won't be eligible for any local services (i.e. medical treatment) and your time here won't count towards PR if that's what you want.

Owning a flat and having an old ID card doesn't make a difference, either you find an employer to sponsor you, find a local who'll marry you or risk doing the visa run until someone gets suspicious.

I know a British guy whom has been here for 7 years and doing visa runs.

Gets asked alot of questions but travels a bit.

Sent from somewhere....

People do visa runs for years and years some get away with it and some don't. Ultimately, if you want to stay here its best to get a visa. Look into your options, can your company arrange sponsorship through a local agent? Do you have enough capital to apply for an independent visa (ie. under your business name)? Can you marry someone!!? (it's not that unusual!)

Where there's a will there's a way...