China Multiple Entry Visas - Banned

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

This is just a preview of things to come.....

pin - china does not need a revenue earner.

Rather than make the Olympics a showcase of the new China, modern, embracing the world, they're doing what turtles do best, withdrawing into their protective shell.

Last edited by KnowItAll; 08-04-2008 at 10:06 AM.

I listed to Backchat on RTHK this morning and am really worried also b/c our visas are good through October, but what they said was that they can revoke the already issued multiple-entry visas at the border and change them to a single-entry visa. Has this happened to anyone?

Does this ban also apply to foreigners with permanent HKID?

Anyone who needs a visa apparently.

yes Foreigners with Permanent ID, my 3 year visa just expired went to renew said only single or double entry maximum

I just came back from wanchai and I'm really pissed. Apparently the central government has limited it at the computer system and they can't do anything about it.

The previous 2 entry one (last week) lasted me until this week. This is getting ridiculous!!

also i was informed it takes 4 days to get the visa

It seems to me that the message from China is quite clear: "if you want to visit or do business in our country then you do it on our terms; when the rest of the world stops trying to interfere in our internal affairs and stops disrupting our Olympic preparations then business as normal will resume. Your choice."

That would be true if it was subjective in relation to the countries " causing trouble". In this case its arbitrary.

A visa system is meant to scrutinise the applicant as suitable which still occurs and has been elongated, presumably for more checking.

I think we all fail to see why they will not issue multi entries -- yet still are able to grant single or double. A jurno can still go in and get his story whether he has a single or multi. If he is caught doing things they don't like they can cancel the visa -- whatever type.

This is just a bureaucratic shotgun because they are incapable of making an informed and relevant decision. My guess is that HKTDC phones are white hot incoming and outgoing. Tsang has to step up in public soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    Tsang has to step up in public soon.
    I had the same thought but the question is: will he step up or will he capitulate to Beijing as he has done numerous times before stating that HK does not get involved in China affairs because China does not get involved in HK affairs? (The guy is only second to GW Bush for foot in mouth statements).

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast